Enthusiast II

Highland Park, Saint Paul, MN, USA
First Name
F
Last Name
Lor
Member #

Hey guys.

Looking to get a new set of shoes for the rig and wanted some input. My truck is my daily driver and I commute 30 minutes each way to and from work on the highway. I don't expect to do really technical trails (more Appleton and less Iron Range). Would I be able to squeeze by with the SL-rated tires or should I stay with the LTs?

Also, looking at either the Falken Wildpeaks or the new Toyo Open Country AT3s. Or at least something in a similar price range you guys would recommend.

Edit: Forgot to note that I run 265/75/16s if that helps.

Last edited:

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Any ideas on dates for a meetup again? Now that things are opening up?
I just got back from camping yesterday. Still working on getting back into the swing of things. I'm looking probably later in July, maybe 25 or 26th. Still have to try and find a place that we can meet as well, since most places are only 50% capacity.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Hey guys.

Looking to get a new set of shoes for the rig and wanted some input. My truck is my daily driver and I commute 30 minutes each way to and from work on the highway. I don't expect to do really technical trails (more Appleton and less Iron Range). Would I be able to squeeze by with the SL-rated tires or should I stay with the LTs?

Also, looking at either the Falken Wildpeaks or the new Toyo Open Country AT3s. Or at least something in a similar price range you guys would recommend.

I don't have much experience with either, I think my wife's Renegade Trailhawk has Wildpeaks (I could very well be wrong, and probably am). I'm running KO2s, and my commute is about 20 miles each way. I love them.

Reactions: drakuskippan

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

What if we were to do something like afton again or something like that?
Potentially. It's probably the best place considering. I'll have to look at see if state parks have a gathering limit (I think they do but could very well be wrong).

Reactions: Tim nash

Frontier85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
F
Last Name
Lor
Member #

Hey guys.

I don't have much experience with either, I think my wife's Renegade Trailhawk has Wildpeaks (I could very well be wrong, and probably am). I'm running KO2s, and my commute is about 20 miles each way. I love them.
A friend over at Discount Tire got me a good deal on these LT-rated Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires. With an additional rebate it was too good to pass up. Have yet to off road on them but through the downpours recently I'm pleased with them.

Attachments

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Wait a minute.... that would make three Nissans In one spot. I think there was only two Jeeps the last time.... I like where this is going..... :laughing:
Only if Carl goes.. So two to two right now!

Right now I'm thinking July 26th at Afton State Park. Have yet to confirm with my wife, and make sure there isn't anything else going on that weekend, but that is probably the best one as of now. Worst case scenario, we schedule it for that day, and if I'm unable to make it everyone else can still go and hang out, etc.

Frontier85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
F
Last Name
Lor
Member #

26th is fine with me as well.

Are these for OB members only?
Not necessarily. Like minded individuals is more like it. Why, what were you thinking?
I have a friend who I wheel with. He's not part of OB yet but he's connected with one of the overland/off-road pages on FB. Just wanted to know if he could tag along with his rig.

Reactions: toxicity_27

Frontier85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
F
Last Name
Lor
Member #

My buddy and I hit up the Appleton OHV Park this weekend. It was my first off-road outing and the Frontier handled it like a champ. I was mainly limited by my ground clearance so I'll be looking at a lift soon.

We were both impressed by these Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires as well.

Attachments

Reactions: toxicity_27