Hello from South Dakota!

• HTML tutorial

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I used to live in Spearfish. Lived there for almost 10 years! But that was before I started getting into off-roading. I did some hiking and drove my beater Chevy around. Glad you found Gelena and Camp 5! I was around those areas but never got a chance to get up in them in a rig... Keep exploring!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome from the Windy City!

I love the Black Hills. You have a beautiful backyard. Please post lots of pics of your adventures!
Second this, its really beautiful up there. As I said before, I think a lot of people dont know how nice the area is.

Reactions: Lead K9

DakotaTex

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello from across the state! I'm over in Brookings, but would definitely be down for making my way over to that area for a meet up and to do some trails if they're not too extreme. I'm new to offroading and I've got a 2015 Colorado with a 2" lift and 32's on it currently.

There's not much on this side of the state for offroading besides some minimum maintenance roads and an offroad park in Appleton, MN that I'm going to go check out soon. So hit me up if you decide to get a meetup together and i'll likely try to make it over.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Hello from across the state! I'm over in Brookings, but would definitely be down for making my way over to that area for a meet up and to do some trails if they're not too extreme. I'm new to offroading and I've got a 2015 Colorado with a 2" lift and 32's on it currently.

There's not much on this side of the state for offroading besides some minimum maintenance roads and an offroad park in Appleton, MN that I'm going to go check out soon. So hit me up if you decide to get a meetup together and i'll likely try to make it over.
Welcome to the group! I just created a thread under the Regions thread for planning a meet up in South Dakota. Check it out and let me know what works for you!

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Any of you SoDak guys over on the east side of the state? I know there's not much over here but there stuff thats close (hour or two) so maybe we could get a meet up going.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We really enjoy the trails in the Black Hills. Our plan is to get there again this year.

You’re very fortunate to have such a wonderful place so close to home!

Here’s a short video of some of the easier/ moderate trails. At the end there’s a link to Part2.

Ian Wilcox

Rank I

Contributor III

I'm with some guys up in North Dakota and am definitely looking for more guys to overland with. I started a group on Facebook called Great Plains Overland. Join up and let's get some trips/meetups planned!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mnm5150dig2

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Inwood, Iowa, United States
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Yeah, that is half the fun! My 4runner has been acting up, and since I just retired, I figured why not get myself a present... Here it is! Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison! Super excited to get Brad the Bison out and about!20190927_111131.jpg20190927_111120.jpg

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
I want to get a Rigs and Coffee going before the end of this year! Trying to gauge interest in Southeast South Dakota. Thinking we could use one if the Coffea parking lots (either East or West Sioux Falls). Maybe we can make this happen this Sunday? Let's vhime in and see who is interested!

80climb

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hutchinson, MN, USA
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Miller
I want to get a Rigs and Coffee going before the end of this year! Trying to gauge interest in Southeast South Dakota. Thinking we could use one if the Coffea parking lots (either East or West Sioux Falls). Maybe we can make this happen this Sunday? Let's vhime in and see who is interested!
Any interest so far?

Dark Sky Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
M
Member #

Reactions: Mr. Nelson

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
I've hosted two events so far. One was in October and one was this month. So far it has been my father and I, but I had another Bison show up in November for a bit! It was fun and would like to get a conversation going on the topic and plan for early spring. I want to host a rigs and roasts every month and possibly one or two trips per year!