Hello from San Diego / Southern California

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hey OB members,

New to the forum and the overlanding community. I started getting into off-roading about a year after buying my car (2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek) and found an awesome group called Mountain Roo. The have local chapters and similar to this community.

I haven't done a multi-day overland trip yet but have car camped in developed and primitive campgrounds. My favorite so far is at a tucked away site in Santa Rosa Mountains (see photo).

It's great to see all the builds and clever mods you guys are doing. Hope to continue to learn and share what I know here. Looking forward to making it out to the local rally points.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey OB members,

New to the forum and the overlanding community. I started getting into off-roading about a year after buying my car (2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek) and found an awesome group called Mountain Roo. The have local chapters and similar to this community.

I haven't done a multi-day overland trip yet but have car camped in developed and primitive campgrounds. My favorite so far is at a tucked away site in Santa Rosa Mountains (see photo).

It's great to see all the builds and clever mods you guys are doing. Hope to continue to learn and share what I know here. Looking forward to making it out to the local rally points.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Great pic.

S

SubeeBen

Welcome from Alpine. Nice picture & great looking rig. Welcome to the site great people here & lots of awesome people.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB members,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Handsinthehive

Traveler I

Thanks @Chadlyb @Jku Ben and @Kent R for the welcomes. Looking forward to joining you guys on a trail run in the future.

My favorite place to camp in San Diego so far is Mount Laguna area. Tried to camp at Anza once early summer but that was a bad idea. What are some of your favorite or go to spots for a weekend outing?