Hello from Montana - JK owner

• HTML tutorial

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
Hi All,
I've been on the "other" portal for three or four years and wanted to branch out a bit...so here I am.

A little about me. I have a two-door JK and have spent about two years fitting it for what I call "quick and dirty camping". I generally explore old logging roads within 150 miles of my home and camp wherever it looks comfortable. Haven't done any long distance overlanding. I'm into fine pocket knives, Snow Peak gear, and bolting toys to my Jeep! Looking forward to becoming a member of this group. :yum:

I didn't have a picture of the Jeep "out in the wild" yet this year. But here is one in my driveway. Nice to meet you all!18.jpg 16.jpg

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Welcome to OB. I've been wanting to get up to MT for some exploring my self. I have an aunt and some cousins that live up there that I have not seen in decades.

Does that awning sticking out in the front bother you when you drive? I'm sure you get used to it, but man I'd be staring at it all the time. lol

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
I'm not sure. :yum: The awning has only been on there for about a week. The old awning was much shorter. I will say though, that this awning is so much bigger and more convenient that I will "put up with it" if it turns out to be a little too big. It's about two minutes to get it open and I don't get tired during.

S

SubeeBen

Hi All,
I've been on the "other" portal for three or four years and wanted to branch out a bit...so here I am.

A little about me. I have a two-door JK and have spent about two years fitting it for what I call "quick and dirty camping". I generally explore old logging roads within 150 miles of my home and camp wherever it looks comfortable. Haven't done any long distance overlanding. I'm into fine pocket knives, Snow Peak gear, and bolting toys to my Jeep! Looking forward to becoming a member of this group. :yum:

I didn't have a picture of the Jeep "out in the wild" yet this year. But here is one in my driveway. Nice to meet you all!View attachment 53573 View attachment 53574
Beautiful looking rig & nice build ! Love the rear set up . Welcome from San Diego Ca. & happy overlanding ✌

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

That awning does look super nice, but I can't get past the price tag of it. Maybe I'll see it in person at Expo West and the pricing might make a bit more sense (I kind of doubt it though).

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Also, what is the stove type thing on the table and what part of MT are you from if you don't mind me asking.

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
Thanks for the warm reception All. It is appreciated. The thing on the table is a Snow Peak Single BBQ box . This was the first time I've used it. Perfect for about two medium-sized steaks.

I'm about 60 miles south of Missoula MT and am a local boy. Far western side of the state (by the "nose" of MT).

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

That BBQ box looks pretty cool.

My family live in Belt MT (pretty sure that's the name). They have 1000+ aches... I need to go explore that. lol