First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
What vehicle Pete.
We upgraded all our lights on our Defender to LED.
For headlights I went with the Trucklite 7" which are a huge improvement of the original candles in a tin quality ones but I think there are better LED options now. The Trucklite's were the only CE marked ones available when I got them.

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I went with Cibie ECE (European E-Code) H4 headlights in my Jeep. Paired with an upgraded wiring harness and Fat Boy bulbs they light up great and the E-Code have a very distinct cut-off line. They don't blind oncoming drivers even with the upgraded bulbs. Once you hit high beam look out though. I bought mine from Daniel Stern lighting here in the States but they are probably easyr to find over there. I wanted LED but at the time I couldn't find any that wouldn't blind other drivers. This was a few years ago.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I fitted Nolden headlights to my Defender. Although theyre a massive improvement on the original Land Rover lights I'm not actually that impressed. I know they have upgraded the Nolden but I don't know how much better they are from their initial lights.

I make up with my fair share of extra lights, 1 x Lazer Triple R28, 2 x Lazer Triple R 750 Elite and 2 x Lazer ST 4. on the back I have 2 x Lazer ST2 for reversing and setting up camp

20171229_171457.jpg

20170925_131102.jpg

Last edited: