Launch Member

Member II

Saint Marys, Camden County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
Villasana
Member #

Bottom Line Up Front: Looking for possible assistance for flooded-in family in Katy, TX. I am awaiting response on what exact assistance is needed and # of personnel.

Summary: I am in Washington State and a Shipmate of mine has family in Katy, TX that is stuck in their neighbor's 2nd story due to Hurricane damages. I am still waiting to find out what exactly they need at this point. I am asking for information on what recovery/shelter assets are in area and available if needed. From what I understand, this not the time to test your new snorkel (probably going to be a boat recovery)

Please leave info such as:
-name of entity/rescue service
-a form of contact
-general idea of avail. assistance

Thank you for any info/help.

V/R,

Ed

Reactions: Luis Merlo

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Bottom Line Up Front: Looking for possible assistance for flooded-in family in Katy, TX. I am awaiting response on what exact assistance is needed and # of personnel.

Summary: I am in Washington State and a Shipmate of mine has family in Katy, TX that is stuck in their neighbor's 2nd story due to Hurricane damages. I am still waiting to find out what exactly they need at this point. I am asking for information on what recovery/shelter assets are in area and available if needed. From what I understand, this not the time to test your new snorkel (probably going to be a boat recovery)

Please leave info such as:
-name of entity/rescue service
-a form of contact
-general idea of avail. assistance

Thank you for any info/help.

V/R,

Ed
I know some folks in the area, I will get in touch with them and see what their capabilities are at this point.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Do they have cellular service? If so, they can download the zello app, search for Texas Search and Rescue and be able to connect with responders directly for assistance. I'll try to find folks in the area.

Reactions: Cold6983

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Alright, I have a friend with a boat posted up in the Cypress Creek / Fry Rd area. I can try to put your friend in touch with him if they are still in need of assistance and if my friend is still in the area. Let me know.

Cold6983

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Edmund
Last Name
Villasana
Member #

Thank you Chris, here's the update as of right now: they have been passed the zello information to contact local responders. Right now we are awaiting more information regarding what assistance is needed. I will give you another update as soon as I get it. And again, thank you so much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Thank you Chris, here's the update as of right now: they have been passed the zello information to contact local responders. Right now we are awaiting more information regarding what assistance is needed. I will give you another update as soon as I get it. And again, thank you so much.

Ok, I have two potential boats in Katy now. One of them is working on the nursing home that has 12 folks trapped. Not sure what the other has going on. I also have a close friend who is the Pastor of a church down in Katy and he is helping to organize things as well. Let me know what the situation is and get me their info if aid is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

Cold6983

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Edmund
Last Name
Villasana
Member #

Ok, I have two potential boats in Katy now. One of them is working on the nursing home that has 12 folks trapped. Not sure what the other has going on. I also have a close friend who is the Pastor of a church down in Katy and he is helping to organize things as well. Let me know what the situation is and get me their info if aid is needed.
Awesome, I can't thank you enough. Update: sounds like they have cell service, real-time coordination with local services is happening now and flood waters are receding slowly at their residence. Might be too early to say they are in the clear, but their situation is improving, so don't tie up an asset for them right now that can be helping someone else. I will let you know if anything changes. I can't thank you enough for the assistance. I will be out of touch for the next couple hours, will update as soon as I can for closure or request.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Awesome, I can't thank you enough. Update: sounds like they have cell service, real-time coordination with local services is happening now and flood waters are receding slowly at their residence. Might be too early to say they are in the clear, but their situation is improving, so don't tie up an asset for them right now that can be helping someone else. I will let you know if anything changes. I can't thank you enough for the assistance. I will be out of touch for the next couple hours, will update as soon as I can for closure or request.

give them my info so they can get in touch if anything changes while you are out of service. cjones@overlandbound.com

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

My friends are mainly out and a bout searching neighborhoods so if your friend wants out its probably the best time. Looks like some levees are breaching so water is expected to rise in a lot of areas.

Cold6983

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Edmund
Last Name
Villasana
Member #

My friends are mainly out and a bout searching neighborhoods so if your friend wants out its probably the best time. Looks like some levees are breaching so water is expected to rise in a lot of areas.
Just got word they are safe and good to go! Thank you so much for the help, I will let you know if anything new pops up. If I hear of anyone else in the same area needing assistance, I will pass it on immediately.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

It is not pretty where I am either.

I have been busy doing anything I can here. (Lake Jackson) (Brazoria County)

It has been rough. Good people losing everything they have because they lived well outside the flood zone and didn't have insurance...

I have rescued animals, filled and stacked sand bags, helped folks evacuate (wouldn't really call it rescue, it wasn't life threatening)... it's all hands on deck around here.

The good news is that everyone is coming together and there is a whole lot less of the mess we saw before the storm. Unity is a beautiful thing, even in the face of a monster like Harvey.