Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

This went through a lot of iteration, and the copy is not final, but would love to get your thoughts! It would be, like 4" X 4"

View attachment 1867

View attachment 1868
I would suggest that maybe the first one be 3 lines of text, or figure out a way to make it work by not splitting the "Overlanding is not elitist." sentense.

It reads a little strange in my opinion.

Reactions: Michael

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Ya, 3"X3" might work. Have you guys received the square insert in our packaging? IT would be like that?

Thoughts?
I like those a lot for this. A small run to see as we get into spring and people get out more is a great time for a litmus test.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Much as I'd hate to lose a pic of some great overland rigs, perhaps the flip side could contain 'the words' some URL's or yes a QR code (as already mentioned). I feel you haven't really stressed that you are a great resource for anyone interested in overland travel (by vehicle) from the casual to the serious?

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Much as I'd hate to lose a pic of some great overland rigs, perhaps the flip side could contain 'the words' some URL's or yes a QR code (as already mentioned). I feel you haven't really stressed that you are a great resource for anyone interested in overland travel (by vehicle) from the casual to the serious?
Thanks Tim!

Any one-liners you'd like to see that may better convey that?

M

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Thanks Tim!

Any one-liners you'd like to see that may better convey that?

M
Sorry, it's easy to be critical but coming up with good answers, not so much! Maybe whatever your ovelanding question we are 'bound' to have an answer on the Overland Bound forums? Too 'cheesy'? Just wanted to convey this is a place to find answers from like minded people...

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Sorry, it's easy to be critical but coming up with good answers, not so much! Maybe whatever your ovelanding question we are 'bound' to have an answer on the Overland Bound forums? Too 'cheesy'? Just wanted to convey this is a place to find answers from like minded people...
Great, thank you. Ya, I agree with your feedback above. We'll continue to do some word-smithing.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

"A guide to your next overland adventure"
"The Overlander's Reference Guide"
"Want help with your next adventure? Want to help others explore? Join the chat at Overland Bound"

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

It seems like the emphasis needs to be on the "nice rig" portion of the card.
If I'm going to put something on a random strangers rig, it needs to be something that makes them feel good about what they drive, not something that comes across as an advertisement.
If I put myself in their position; coming out of the store with a slick poster on my vehicle saying "overlanding isn't elitetist", come check us out, oh by the way, "nice rig"... I would be a bit turned off. And probably wouldn't even know what overlanding is, so the statement is lost on me.
On the flip side, if I got a note with the emphasis being a compliment on my rig, then with smaller emphasis; "come see what overlanding is about" or "adventure is waiting" or "From: Overland Bound Member 0102". Then I would be intrigued, and would be more likely to check it out.

Just my opinion...

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
If I'm going to put something on a random strangers rig, it needs to be something that makes them feel good about what they drive, not something that comes across as an advertisement.
If I put myself in their position; coming out of the store with a slick poster on my vehicle saying "overlanding isn't elitetist", come check us out, oh by the way, "nice rig"... I would be a bit turned off. And probably wouldn't even know what overlanding is, so the statement is lost on me.
On the flip side, if I got a note with the emphasis being a compliment on my rig, then with smaller emphasis; "come see what overlanding is about" or "adventure is waiting" or "From: Overland Bound Member 0102". Then I would be intrigued, and would be more likely to check it out.

Just my opinion...
Good thoughts. Also, thinking about a biz card size instead.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

Just my opinion...
Having the "From Member #" on there is an awesome idea. Not only does it give new comers someone to look for in the community, it allows the community to see how involved and active everyone is outside of the online community (promoting the group, I mean, outside of events and such that are a constant promoter).

Maybe not large scale.

I really dig the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

@Dunco I had a good brainstorm session with @mmnorthdirections about coming up with a business card with a heavy paperweight that would include your name, member number and your forum name.

Still fine tuning what the production process would look like, but we'll keep you posted. This is LONG overdue!!