Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Correction on time for the “Friday Night Ham Net”. It’s 17:30 Pacific time not Mountain time.
Thanks Guys! I messed around with the EchoLink site and got as far as uploading my HAM Radio license, but it takes 24 hours to get processed. So I guess I'll hit the EchoLink next Friday. I'll try the White Mountain Repeater Association link above as well. It's 17:15 now, so I'll fiddle around with that and hopefully connect. If not, there's always next Friday. Thanks again guys!!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Thanks Guys! I messed around with the EchoLink site and got as far as uploading my HAM Radio license, but it takes 24 hours to get processed. So I guess I'll hit the EchoLink next Friday. I'll try the White Mountain Repeater Association link above as well. It's 17:15 now, so I'll fiddle around with that and hopefully connect. If not, there's always next Friday. Thanks again guys!!
Good to hear, Randall is just getting the Net started so you should be able to listen in.

Boort

Reactions: M Rose

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Good to hear, Randall is just getting the Net started so you should be able to listen in.

Boort
Hey Boort, Thanks again for that. I was able to listen in and wanted to participate but couldn't. I hope to get all my ducks in a row so I can start clicking on the transmit button one of these days soon!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hey Boort, Thanks again for that. I was able to listen in and wanted to participate but couldn't. I hope to get all my ducks in a row so I can start clicking on the transmit button one of these days soon!
@TRED LYT

Good to hear you were able to listen in. The White mtn guys wil be having another all questions answered session Friday after Next. Hopefully you'll have your account all set up and be able to join to ask your Equipment setup questions.

Boort

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@TRED LYT

Good to hear you were able to listen in. The White mtn guys wil be having another all questions answered session Friday after Next. Hopefully you'll have your account all set up and be able to join to ask your Equipment setup questions.

Boort
I thought “New Ham” Q&A was the first Friday of each month.

I just got a Anytone AD-D878 UV Plus and a SkyBridge. I hope to be able to jump in on the nets more often now over RF. I’m also working with a local repeater owner to allow me to open the Echolink Node to link up his repeater system to the nets... maybe we can get more non-OB members interested this way.

Reactions: Boort

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I thought “New Ham” Q&A was the first Friday of each month.

I just got a Anytone AD-D878 UV Plus and a SkyBridge. I hope to be able to jump in on the nets more often now over RF. I’m also working with a local repeater owner to allow me to open the Echolink Node to link up his repeater system to the nets... maybe we can get more non-OB members interested this way.
@M Rose

You are correct the OB New HAM nights are generally the 1st Friday of each Month.

The folks who run the White Mtn Repeater Network that hosts the OB Net hold their own informal Net for Hams to ask any questions which starts right after the OB net. This roundtable runns every 2 weeks.
Last weeks discussion was about mobile setups equipment recommendations and the WHYs behind them followed by technical issues surrounding adding a repeater to their network. I've found these more informal than the OB net and since many of the folks who run the repeater network are answering questions they can go into great detail. (Not all of which I understand :D ) but take questions from anyone and do their best to answer them. Basically this Net is like having 3+ Elmers in a room willing to answer your questions on anything HAM related.

I've mostly been listening a learning, taking some notes. Found it to be a good experience.

Boort

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose