Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
You can get a hold of the repeater owner and find out what codes or tones are needed to access the echolink system on the repeater. The node number is in the meet up info (sorry don't have it handy). You can also download the app for phone or computer and set it up. It usually takes about 15 min to get everything working so don't wait till last min if you go that route. Look forward to hearing you on the NET tomorrow night. Brent
Sounds good! I will definitely do that thank you guys so much!!

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
N0VBD here...
If you haven't attended or heard, her have a Friday Night Overland Bound Net at 5:30PST every Friday. Its on the Grits N Gravy Echolink Node. More info is in the Rally Points. Please attend sometime and thanks for adding your call sign and checking in

Brent W7BR

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
If you haven't attended or heard, her have a Friday Night Overland Bound Net at 5:30PST every Friday. Its on the Grits N Gravy Echolink Node. More info is in the Rally Points. Please attend sometime and thanks for adding your call sign and checking in

Brent W7BR

Reactions: monflores1008

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I am going to try and join the NET for sure!! I will be at work (I'm a Firefighter/paramedic so I should be able to get on pending anyone calling 911 lol) I have never used an echolink repeater before though and I am not exactly sure how to use it to get on. According to Repeaterbook I have a 2m echolink repeater nearby. Do I just use the repeater as normal??
Same here man we were on a call during the last net. I'm going to try to jump in this week though I'll be doing it via smartphone as I don't have any echolink repeaters closeby.

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Just to let everyone here know, the Overland Bound Net is tomorrow night 5:30p PDT, 8:30p EDT. The topics will be "Things that you bolt onto your vehicle" e.g. awnings, racks, ladders. On the second round we will discuss vehicle security. I'll be the net control and look forward to hearing all of you on Echolink *USA-GNG* USA Grits n' Gravy conference server 591550. All you need is a cell phone or computer and an Echolink app. It''s pretty easy and always a good time.

-Ted

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
KK7NAZ checking in

I've got a Yaesu FT2900 in my Willys and my van, a Yeasu FT-857D in the shack and 2 Yaesu (notice a pattern?) VX-7s for walking around.

Last edited: