HAM Radio Call Sign Check-In Thread | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

HAM Radio Call Sign Check-In Thread

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

GreyMatter

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

Parole, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC3SVJ
KC3SVJ checking in from Annapolis, MD. Passed my Technician exam last night.

Two weeks ago I bought a Boafeng uv-5r just to see what I could hear. Figured out how to find and listen to repeaters, then got frustrated that I couldn't talk back . So last week I started using hamstudy.org a couple of hours a day until I hit their 100% apptitude score. I probably don't know the full material that well, but it prepared me very well to pass the test! I've ordered the ARRL ham study guide so I can actually learn the material now. If you want to get your Technician, it's absolutely doable in a week or two.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor
Expedition

Advocate III

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
KC3SVJ checking in from Annapolis, MD. Passed my Technician exam last night.

Two weeks ago I bought a Boafeng uv-5r just to see what I could hear. Figured out how to find and listen to repeaters, then got frustrated that I couldn't talk back . So last week I started using hamstudy.org a couple of hours a day until I hit their 100% apptitude score. I probably don't know the full material that well, but it prepared me very well to pass the test! I've ordered the ARRL ham study guide so I can actually learn the material now. If you want to get your Technician, it's absolutely doable in a week or two.
Congratulations, yes very easy to learn the material in a very short amount of time for both General and Technician. Now you need to get your HF privileges:)

Reactions: 12poundtest