Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Made it out on Friday night for a quick campout with my son. We went to George Washington National Forest in VA and camped close to Flagpole Knob. It was a great night on Friday and after breakfast had a decision to make. We could leave the easy way or the hard way. Of course I have only been down the hard way once so we decided to go that way. We made it, fortunately I had by Shrockworks sliders installed. We took on good hit on them. Got to flex the Ranger and use rear lockers to clear some spots. All in all a good experience and the truck did great. I do need better tires though :)

Jacob Arici

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia beach
First Name
jacob
Last Name
Arici
Member #

Me and another member with some friends are going out to flag pole Thursday morning til Monday. How is it looking over there?

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Me and another member with some friends are going out to flag pole Thursday morning til Monday. How is it looking over there?
Conditions were great this weekend. Wil be wet now with the rain that has been coming through. The bottom side by Switzer lake was crowded but as we went up the mountain there were spots to Camp. If you are headed out Thursday you should have no trouble finding a spot. All the mud holes we hit had solid bottoms as well so no issues even if they get a little deeper. Enjoy your trip.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Conditions were great this weekend. Wil be wet now with the rain that has been coming through. The bottom side by Switzer lake was crowded but as we went up the mountain there were spots to Camp. If you are headed out Thursday you should have no trouble finding a spot. All the mud holes we hit had solid bottoms as well so no issues even if they get a little deeper. Enjoy your trip.
Crowded you say...

Reactions: RVA Overland
D

danbrown

Made it out on Friday night for a quick campout with my son. We went to George Washington National Forest in VA and camped close to Flagpole Knob. It was a great night on Friday and after breakfast had a decision to make. We could leave the easy way or the hard way. Of course I have only been down the hard way once so we decided to go that way. We made it, fortunately I had by Shrockworks sliders installed. We took on good hit on them. Got to flex the Ranger and use rear lockers to clear some spots. All in all a good experience and the truck did great. I do need better tires though :)

Very nice video. Love that trail and do it often. We usually go in the opposite direction (up Union Springs).

Reactions: RVA Overland