Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

My wife "The Boss" prefers a civilized dinner most nights so I bring along our Japanese Grill table. Packs up small and runs off the Butane Canisters that are pretty cheap. Usually a pot of steamed rice sits next to the grill and stays warm during dinner. We rarely camp without sliced Brisket, I think we eat better at camp then home lol.

View attachment 14481
Where do you get a portable grill table?

JaimyMac630

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Rescue, California, USA
First Name
Jaimy
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

When with the family I use a Coleman 2 burner propane stove with Coleman Griddle Pan that goes over both burners, works great!
When Solo, I use a Coleman bottle top propane burner with a Mallo Me Camping Cookware kit. I also bring my Coleman Grill to Go for BBQing!
I guess I like Coleman products ;-)

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

Where do you get a portable grill table?
I purchased the table from Coleman Japan. There is a charcoal grill that sits inside edge to edge but for quick trips the little gas grill does great and it gives us extra room for rice pot and condiments.

Reactions: Captain Josh

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I purchased the table from Coleman Japan. There is a charcoal grill that sits inside edge to edge but for quick trips the little gas grill does great and it gives us extra room for rice pot and condiments.
That really is amazing. Any idea if they'll ship to the states, or did you import it yourself?

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I'm waiting for this Cobb Grill to arrive but it looks pretty cool. From what I've been told it can be used as a grill, oven, griddle, or skillet and everything fits in one bag. Anyone used one?

Travis Hurley- Founder/CEO
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
We have one. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Outer Limit Supply

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

I import most of my camp gear or utilize a local Daiso 1.50 store for small goods that have worked out great for camp. The Japanese gear is generally smaller and more compact, so far been pretty happy with the quality.

Reactions: Raul B

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

So I just got this at REI on Saturday. I got it home and unboxed it. Took me 30 seconds to set up!
I had another one from Gander Mountain that didn't quite work for me. The spot where my coleman grill went, wasn't big enough for the grill and the propane bottle to hand off of.
This one has the area in the top center that is big enough.
https://www.rei.com/product/881640/gci-outdoor-slim-fold-cook-station

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Looks nice, how's the stability?
Very stable. Granted, I just bought it and haven't tried it at camp yet, but my first impression is that it's stable and sturdy.
I was reading the reviews online and someone put a huge pot of spaghetti on one of the side tables and it didn't hold up. I would kind of use common sense here, if it's wobbly, it won't hold it. lol

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
It's still on their website

http://ec.coleman.co.jp/item/IS00060N04983.html

Also Amazon have it listed so you should be able to get it shipped.

Try searching Coleman 2000026760 on Amazon.
I got this Iwatanani grill, that table matches well with this grill. I just got a new camp table so that will have to be for next time. And yeah we do tend to do fancy dinners whenever we are camping

IMG_7192.JPG

Reactions: TXpedition

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

So around Xmas, a guy on Texas Overland's facebook page had a group buy. I got in on this almost at the last minute and I JUST this weekend got to put the legs on it and season it for the first time.
I think I'm going to be liking this disk cooker!
It's pretty much like the skottle, not sure of the size difference though.
I just found some recipes too!20170218_162341.jpg

Attachments

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm shopping around for a camp stove that I can use on road trips (such as my upcoming 5000 mile roundtrip to Expo West). I'm not new to camping and I do like to cook over a fire. However I see there are many places with fire bans. I've seen the Skottle at Expo East, it looks pretty awesome. But expensive and dare I say limited (you can really only cook one thing at a time on the single surface).

I really think I'm going to go with some sort of Coleman single or dual burner stove. I'll just be cooking for myself, maybe a camp neighbor. With a simple Coleman setup it seems I can easily cook with two pans at one time (think bacon and pancakes). Cleanup would involve washing two pans, where the Skottle would involve cleaning just the disk.

I have a Tacoma and a camp table so a cooking surface is not an issue. What would be a benefit of the Skottle that makes it worth it's high price besides the cool factor? If I go with a Coleman stove setup, what pots/pans does everyone use and what do you use for cleanup?

A side note, I have a MSI Pocket Rocket stove which I used when motorcycling. It heats water very quickly for my French Press coffee mug. It doesn't take up much space so I may keep it packed for trips and use it solely for heating water/making soup.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'm shopping around for a camp stove that I can use on road trips (such as my upcoming 5000 mile roundtrip to Expo West). I'm not new to camping and I do like to cook over a fire. However I see there are many places with fire bans. I've seen the Skottle at Expo East, it looks pretty awesome. But expensive and dare I say limited (you can really only cook one thing at a time on the single surface).

I really think I'm going to go with some sort of Coleman single or dual burner stove. I'll just be cooking for myself, maybe a camp neighbor. With a simple Coleman setup it seems I can easily cook with two pans at one time (think bacon and pancakes). Cleanup would involve washing two pans, where the Skottle would involve cleaning just the disk.

I have a Tacoma and a camp table so a cooking surface is not an issue. What would be a benefit of the Skottle that makes it worth it's high price besides the cool factor? If I go with a Coleman stove setup, what pots/pans does everyone use and what do you use for cleanup?

A side note, I have a MSI Pocket Rocket stove which I used when motorcycling. It heats water very quickly for my French Press coffee mug. It doesn't take up much space so I may keep it packed for trips and use it solely for heating water/making soup.
Great questions!
I've got a coleman stove that has a burner and grill on it. That has been my go to grill for a long time. It can do 2 pans or pots at once, depending on size. In a burn ban situation it also works great for grilling steaks or chicken when I can't do it over a fire.
FB_IMG_1455320911459.jpg
FB_IMG_1455320780062.jpg
I admit, I haven't used the skottle much, I'm still learning on it.
It's pretty much a big frying surface. The skill is in learning how to use it as the "One Pot" (or skillet) cooking device. I've been looking at youtube videos a lot and watch them start with one food, then push it up to the side where it's warm, but not cooking much anymore. Then put in the next part of the dish, etc.
Once I get better at cooking with it, I have a feeling it will be more of my "base camp" set up cooker vs an overland or expedition type cooker.
The skottle is heavy and awkward for tearing down and setting up every night. Then again, it might mean I need to master it better.
The skottle does use the coleman single burner to heat it up, so it's good for heating up water for the coffee, you just pull it from underneath.

Here is a tasty looking recipe on youtube:

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Also, as far as pots and pans go, I found this on sale at Gander Mountain (Although I'm using the link to REI)
GSI Bugaboo cookware It's aluminum non stick cookware and nests up together. I used it for the first time while out in Big Bend for a week.
As for washing up, I have a good scrubber sponge and a camp sink that is collapsible. They come in different sizes, I think I bought the 20 litre one.
On a side note, I just bought this camp kitchen table set up (and it's on sale!) and love it!
It's easy to set up and take down, plus it's pretty sturdy.
So far it's the best of the 3 kitchen setups I've had, I see it being great for overlanding.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: dziner

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Thank you for that info @TXpedition! I haven't seen that Coleman stove/grill in my searches. But now I'm looking at it and reading reviews. Seems to be a pretty nice cooking option. I do have the GSI Soloist which is a less robust option than the Bugaboo. One thing that I do not have is a cast iron skillet, may be a nice addition to the setup. The camp sink looks pretty cool too. Thanks again for all of the info!

Reactions: TXpedition

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Thank you for that info @TXpedition! I haven't seen that Coleman stove/grill in my searches. But now I'm looking at it and reading reviews. Seems to be a pretty nice cooking option. I do have the GSI Soloist which is a less robust option than the Bugaboo. One thing that I do not have is a cast iron skillet, may be a nice addition to the setup. The camp sink looks pretty cool too. Thanks again for all of the info!
I have the same Coleman grill @TXpedition posted, and I think it's the most versatile choice. In addition to the grill, there's also a flat top insert for pancakes and whatnot. Basically, you can cook anything on it...

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg bought this last summer tried it out this week end , although light wieght construction worked really well in windy conditions , i may have been a bit hasty in the purchase of this but it seems to fit the bill not to sure about the time the cylinders last but cooked three full breafasts and boiled a few full kettles. In the past used a cast iron grill just to heavey to tote a round even in my truck , use a snowpeak fire pit as as a bbq and a single burner for boiling water , BnT