Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I use a combo of a tembo tusk skottle and a single burner cadac safari grille. I have found that since getting the skottle I only ever use the 's Dad to hear water for coffee, which could easily be doe by removing the single burner from the skottle and using it to heat the water pot.. So I may end up only packing the skottle from now on.
I'm contemplating a southwest disk type of cooker. The Skottle is close to that, I believe. A buddy has one, so I'm going to see how it does when we hit the west texas desert in a month. :)

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm contemplating a southwest disk type of cooker. The Skottle is close to that, I believe. A buddy has one, so I'm going to see how it does when we hit the west texas desert in a month. :)
The skottle is an awesome price of kitchen gear, that's for sure...

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

We also just use a skottle for all the grilling needs and a single urine stove to heat up water for coffee.....
A urine stove?? Interesting hahaha... I am thinking on my next trip I won't even bring my single burner stove, I'll just remove the burner from the skottle and place it on top of the skottle disc to heat up coffee water.

Reactions: Road

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Well I participated in a group buy on the Texas Overland group on Facebook. Turns out they got enough interest and I'll have a skottel on my doorstep soon. I'm leaving in 3 days, so I don't know if it'll be soon enough for this trip.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'm waiting for this Cobb Grill to arrive but it looks pretty cool. From what I've been told it can be used as a grill, oven, griddle, or skillet and everything fits in one bag. Anyone used one?

Travis Hurley- Founder/CEO
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
No, but it looks pretty cool.

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
Much prefer cooking over an open fire but with fire bans went on a grill search. First saw a Weber Q on a Ronny Dahl youtube video and bought one. Have been been very happy with how it performs and the food tastes great. As an added bonus, my wife has figured out how to bake cookies in it!
You said the magic word... cookies! I'm going to do some googling, but would she be willing to share any recipes?

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I use a combo of a tembo tusk skottle and a single burner cadac safari grille. I have found that since getting the skottle I only ever use the 's Dad to hear water for coffee, which could easily be doe by removing the single burner from the skottle and using it to heat the water pot.. So I may end up only packing the skottle from now on.
@Scott, how many people are you cooking for? I'm looking ahead for gear, and I dig the skottle, but it will mostly be me 100%, wife 50% of the time.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

@Scott, how many people are you cooking for? I'm looking ahead for gear, and I dig the skottle, but it will mostly be me 100%, wife 50% of the time.
I'm usually either cooking for just myself and my 4 year old daughter or myself, both my daughter's and my wife. Either way the skottle works great.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vyscera

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

My wife "The Boss" prefers a civilized dinner most nights so I bring along our Japanese Grill table. Packs up small and runs off the Butane Canisters that are pretty cheap. Usually a pot of steamed rice sits next to the grill and stays warm during dinner. We rarely camp without sliced Brisket, I think we eat better at camp then home lol.

IMG_1202.jpg

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

My wife "The Boss" prefers a civilized dinner most nights so I bring along our Japanese Grill table. Packs up small and runs off the Butane Canisters that are pretty cheap. Usually a pot of steamed rice sits next to the grill and stays warm during dinner. We rarely camp without sliced Brisket, I think we eat better at camp then home lol.

View attachment 14481
Holy cow, that's awesome!

Reactions: GrizzCamp

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I'm very happy with it, no coatings just good old steel. Scrape it clean easy clean up. Heats evenly and has a lip and drain hole so no grease mess.

Yes it's propane, got it on sale for $69

Here's a better pic

View attachment 10608
I am really interested in one of these. how does the drain hole work? It looks like it would be difficult to place something under it to collect the grease.