160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Naches is closed by DNR… for more fire related closures check out Northwest Fire closures
It looks like everythin west of the WABDR and south of Highway 12 is in USFS and National Parks, so I think the Nahes Trail and Gifford Pinchot are viable options.

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
Unfortunately I won't be able to head out this weekend, should have checked with my wife first:sweatsmile:. But keep the updates rolling, love to read what all of you are up to. Maybe we can aim to get something set up for one of the next weekends (smoke and fire allowing of course)?

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
It was good to bump into @parrotheadnw this last weekend on Lost Lake Road! I hope others were able to get out as well.
Looks beautiful. Which lost lake was this, I see a bunch on google maps :)
@Haris it is the one off of Stampede Pass (exit 62) near I-90. It's a popular spot as the road to get to it is easy (though it has a LOT of potholes). Going beyond the main road and the lake can get a little more interesting, though still not difficult for any decent 4x4. The FS roads I took beyond it were pretty overgrown, but still found some good views.

Reactions: parrotheadnw

Haris

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Kirkland, WA, USA
First Name
Haris
Last Name
Husain
Member #

It was good to bump into @parrotheadnw this last weekend on Lost Lake Road! I hope others were able to get out as well.
Looks beautiful. Which lost lake was this, I see a bunch on google maps :)
@Haris it is the one off of Stampede Pass (exit 62) near I-90. It's a popular spot as the road to get to it is easy (though it has a LOT of potholes). Going beyond the main road and the lake can get a little more interesting, though still not difficult for any decent 4x4. The FS roads I took beyond it were pretty overgrown, but still found some good views.
Awesome. I love the Lake Keechalus area. And so close to home too!

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
@outside.perception, it was so cool to run into you too. What were the chances? Great day to get out and emplore, but I had to cut my trip short and head home that evening becuase one of my ball joints was failing. Good news is that I caught the the problem before it became an actual problem.

• Wow
Reactions: outside.perception

Haris

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Kirkland, WA, USA
First Name
Haris
Last Name
Husain
Member #

And some time in June on LT Murray, the most hair raising trail I’ve been on yet - the section called “Divide” on Trails Off-road. Photos are of a 2ft rock ledge, and a narrow wooden bridge that you have to turn hard left onto and therefore can barely get your rear wheels on to for longer rigs.

Attachments

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Hit a few trails and planned on staying the night at the top of NF-4936 next to Kachess Lake. Pretty nice view from up there, but I was diagnosing the knocking sound and forgot to take a photo. @Harris, looks like you've had a couple fun adventures.

1627315544923.png

Reactions: outside.perception

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey guys,

Im in need of finding a suspension shop near Bellevue, Washington that works on Older (1980’s through 1990’s Ford Trucks. Any good recommendations?

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Hey @parrotheadnw - I'm looking around that area for my first trip out in my Element. Do you have coordinates for where you went? Looking at the map, it looks like you took a trail off the NF--4936. Would love to be able to find somewhere with nice views.

ezz

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Redmond, Washington, United States
First Name
Mohammad
Last Name
Abuelezz
Hello everyone,

This is Ezz, I moved to Washington two months ago from outside the country ( Amman, Jordan; Middle East ).

I have some kind of a good experience with off-roading, here is my SuUki Samurai back in my country.

I got a Jeep Gladiator here, and I like it so far but I still drive it on the road, I need your help guys to know more about some trails to start with.

Also, I want to connect with you for meet up or some short or long off-roading trips, looking forward and exciting to meet you.

Attachments

Reactions: REDARC_Ryan

REDARC_Ryan

Rank III

Advocate I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Thurston
Hello everyone,

This is Ezz, I moved to Washington two months ago from outside the country ( Amman, Jordan; Middle East ).

I have some kind of a good experience with off-roading, here is my SuUki Samurai back in my country.

I got a Jeep Gladiator here, and I like it so far but I still drive it on the road, I need your help guys to know more about some trails to start with.

Also, I want to connect with you for meet up or some short or long off-roading trips, looking forward and exciting to meet you.

What area are you in?

ezz

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Redmond, Washington, United States
First Name
Mohammad
Last Name
Abuelezz
Hello everyone,

What area are you in?
Redmond