Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Would love to make something happen Labor Day Weekend, but I have to do some weather proofing on the Hogmansion to get ready for hunting. Should be done by Sunday if anyone has any ideas. Maybe go mess around Mountain Loop area?

Reactions: Ubiety

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Finally got the last piece to finish the winch install completely. No more messing with that!

Attachments

• Love

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
If anyone is interested there is a RP to North Cascades Loop/ Hart's Pass/Slate Peak WW2 radar site. Hart's Pass is the highest in Wa. at 6100 ft. The radar station is at 7200, so bring your hotdogs to warm up on the huge microwaves. If anyone plans on doing the loop, I have a friend in Twisp with some property if you would like to camp there, as i plan to.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Finally got the last piece to finish the winch install completely. No more messing with that!
Looks good! I fear that I am getting front bumper and winch fever, again ;) No, must placate @Heidi with an RTT first :)
Getting the mobile radio mounted is the next step... Going to put it under rear driver side seat in the bin; took out the the little bolt holder box last night for more space.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I made it back from Nevada and the new rig did VERY well! I took it all the way up to our remote camp site, the others took UTVs; pretty rough track - hopefully there are no bad pinstripes, have not noticed any glaring ones yet. We had great WX except for the day where it poured all day and the wind destroyed part of camp :) The wind rolled one of two T4 tents but everything stayed dry in both!

What do all y'all think about getting together for a little meetup? Ideas on what to do? @Heidi and I want to hit the Mt Loop Hwy in the next few weeks once the Fall colors avail themselves. After the big break in run for the new rig I have a few projects in mind for it - maybe we could setup a work day for rigs (which would need to stay small due to space). If you are interested in a rig work day private message me and we can figure out what is what.

Looking at the rocks and aspen groves in the foothills out of Midas NV.
0680FEA6-ECE9-4D5C-B9D7-828042DA7B78_1_105_c.jpeg

Looking down on the UTVs
7F90623A-FFA3-4BA2-8B60-0C89DF19BE24_1_105_c.jpeg

More aspens in the valley
1648CCD7-B7EE-463E-901F-9FB5E2907FA1_1_105_c.jpeg

Squaw Valley
F9E13BA5-59E1-42BC-9645-D8108086D67D_1_105_c.jpeg

Midas Bighorn Saloon. Stop in and say hello to Page!
1D39468E-069C-4A09-9EAA-E5DDB50C6E13_1_105_c.jpeg

After breaking camp and regathering off of the hill
F9AAFA85-F84E-4C5B-B882-399632C094A6_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: Hogman and M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Anybody up for running away to the woods this weekend? Weather looks good this weekend but rain is forecasted for the following weekend.
If there is interest we could head up to the Mt Loop Hwy in a couple weeks in search of Fall colors (9/17)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I am thinking about attending the Sugarloaf Peak day trip next weekend (Sunday Oct 18) - go take a look and sign up if you are looking for a great adventure next weekend!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Just updated the recurrence of this event to two times a month on Saturdays - Sundays are fine as well.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Keep an eye out for this OB member’s rig stolen from Sea Tac