Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Don't know for sure; most of the drive is bounded by private property, it would only possibly be required at the end - but there is no enforcement as you know.
Did a pre-run this evening to secure a camp spot down by the river with @M Rose and @KRose. Road has more potholes than I remember and the shooting area looks viable (no signs) but its pretty busy out there. All of the campsites before the shooting area were taken but we found some by the water. Bring bug spray!

See you all in too few hours :) We are all meeting up at City Hall and can stop and wait a bit at Mt Si High in case anyone arrives there. The parking lots are fenced off but there is ample parking on the side of the road there. I will be in a gray Gladiator (that tasted its first dirt and water tonight!)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I am going to try to hit Safeway before and if that fails will be looking for an open food source along the way.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I am going to try to hit Safeway before and if that fails will be looking for an open food source along the way.
Is there parking near the campsite? Wondering about vehicle security and leaving the freedom tops at home.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks everyone for coming along and having fun! We had a blast and it was a sweet camp spot for sure! The guys from work, after seeing the spot, are talking about working one weekend and heading out there mid week.

Recommendations for next time on or around 8/29?

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Thanks everyone for coming along and having fun! We had a blast and it was a sweet camp spot for sure! The guys from work, after seeing the spot, are talking about working one weekend and heading out there mid week.

Recommendations for next time on or around 8/29?
It's possible I could go the night before, arriving around 2:am to secure the campsites, hang out the next day and leave early after that.

Reactions: M Rose

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Reactions: Ubiety

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks Mike, is there going to be a place where you are going to post you pictures?
I’m working on it... Microsoft OneDrive might be an option. I’ll have a solution soon.
Sorry once I got home, getting my Bronco back in the road has been my main priority... Landlord isn’t happy the engine parts are scattered in my drive.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I put my pics/vids up onto OneDrive and have sent you an invite @Hogman.

If you have media to share or want to see mine direct message me with your email address and I'll get you set up.

Reactions: M Rose

RedWhisker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston, TX
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gray
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5BBC
Greetings,

My family and I just moved from Texas to Washington, and we are living in Sammamish currently. I am/was a member of Houston Overland Facebook group, and I am looking to sync up with a local group here as well.

Thanks.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Welcome @RedWhisker! One of my long time camping buddies is down in DFW, or the metroplex as he likes to call it. Been planning on getting down there to see the lay of the land.

We have a scheduled get-together for this upcoming weekend; anybody have any ideas? Have not looked at the weather but Cle Elum and dirt roads are not that far - or a burger and fries - or the Cascades loop.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Did a low key run out-and-back on the Tonga Ridge trail yesterday, awesome time! Easy gravel (better than N Fork Rd by far) and awesome views. I'd be up to go explore here again, beautiful territory. We took a side route through Index to avoid traffic on Hwy 2 and it was super cool to get a guided tour of the (more) scenic route!

I am going to be uninvolved for at least the next 2-4 weeks as Fall is busy for me. @Hogman / @parrotheadnw / anybody feel free to take over and make something happen.

SING0130.JPG

SING0145.JPG

SING0164.JPG

SING0173.JPG

SING0191.JPG

Reactions: Hogman and Ram

RedWhisker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston, TX
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gray
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5BBC
The family and I made a day trip through the "4x4 Stampede Pass" track that I found on these forums. We were able to enjoy some great scenery, scout out some potential camp sites, and we even walked over to what remains of Lester, WA.

4x4 Stampede Pass - Day Trip - 2020-08-30 - 03.jpg
4x4 Stampede Pass - Day Trip - 2020-08-30 - 01.jpg
4x4 Stampede Pass - Day Trip - 2020-08-30 - 02.jpg
4x4 Stampede Pass - Day Trip - 2020-08-30 - 04.jpg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
The family and I made a day trip through the "4x4 Stampede Pass" track that I found on these forums. We were able to enjoy some great scenery, scout out some potential camp sites, and we even walked over to what remains of Lester, WA.

View attachment 168880
View attachment 168881
View attachment 168882
View attachment 168883
Looks awesome! We had great weather yesterday, nice but you can feel it coming, the end of summer is upon us :( If you have a second can you point me at that route/thread/etc? Thanks!