Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
This recurring meetup is intended to get Seattle area locals together on a regular basis in order to socialize and grow the local Overland Bound community. The agenda is wide open; teleconference calls, burgers, trail runs, training, camping, rig work days, trail work days, whatever the group wants to pursue. The start date has been pushed out until August 15 but we can start earlier if there is interest and it makes sense.

girdwood

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
girdwood
Member #

I can't say I can dedicate to monthly (work/family), but I would love to come check it out. I'm from down south (Tacoma area), but obviously willing to travel :).

Reactions: Ubiety

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I can't say I can dedicate to monthly (work/family), but I would love to come check it out. I'm from down south (Tacoma area), but obviously willing to travel :).
Isn’t Vancouver way down south by Portland?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Apologies for the late start! I thought I had planned the start of this for later in the month. Adjusted started date out by a couple of weeks.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Anybody up for a trail run or maybe an overnighter this upcoming weekend (around Sat 8/15)?
Was thinking we could do something short like the Snoqualmie North Fork road or maybe head out towards Cle Elum? There is some camping at either location and I would imagine the Cle Elum option would have less pressure on it.

I'd like to bust out this weekend for at least a day run and camping could be a part of that.

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Looks like there is a little interest in doing the Snoqualmie North Fork this weekend to get out and breathe some fresh air and see some nature. This is an easy gravel road run and is about 20 miles out and back if I remember correctly.
We are tentatively planning a morning run and could meet up in/near Snoqualmie. I'll post the time shortly, allowing anyone interested to chime in to help make that decision ;)
We will be using GMRS for comms, channel 15 unless there is interference.

Looking forward to it! Looks like the weather will be great! Good day to enjoy the cool of the woods and the river views!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wish the adventure machine wasn’t so dead... I want to check out Snoqualmie pass very badly... I was sad when I had to just cruise in through back in February.

sent you a text Greg, we might be very interested in this trip.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Wish the adventure machine wasn’t so dead... I want to check out Snoqualmie pass very badly... I was sad when I had to just cruise in through back in February.

sent you a text Greg, we might be very interested in this trip.
This will be out of the town of Snoqualmie which is different from Snoqualmie Pass. But I got some good spots on the pass to hit whenever you are ready!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Here is the GPX with beginning and end waypoints and the route between. Will get you on the horn @M Rose when my day stops its freak-out ;)
Woohoo!

So it appears to be a day run with the option of dispersed camping Saturday night "down by the river" :)

Stay tuned!

GPX viewer

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So @KRose and myself are leaving La a Grande, Oregon tomorrow and heading up to the river at the end of the road. We plan on staying Thursday night through Sunday. If there is any interest in joining us send me a DM.

Ram

Rank I

Contributor III

Sammamish, Washington, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Lorang
Here is the GPX with beginning and end waypoints and the route between. Will get you on the horn @M Rose when my day stops its freak-out ;)
Woohoo!

So it appears to be a day run with the option of dispersed camping Saturday night \"down by the river\" :)

Stay tuned!

GPX viewer
Hi Greg, hoping to make it Saturday morning. I'm familiar with GPX files but not sure how to view these coordinates. Could you point me in the right direction?

***EDIT***
I wasn't looking at this post in the forum so I didn't see the GPX file :sunglasses:. I see it now.

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Got the camping gear ready to go @M Rose!
Excellent @Ram!

I have been speaking with @parrotheadnw and he and I are both early risers and desire to hit the trail while the dew is still fresh ;)

So far the plan is initial meetup at Sammamish City Hall by about 6:15am and then head to Snoqualmie and meet any others at the High School at 7am and then hit the trail. We will drive out to the end and wake up Mike and Kallie and enjoy the start of the day with them. The pace will be slow and easy, picture stops and smiles are encouraged! The end of the trail has a shooting area that may be closed - or may not be closed. Bring cameras toys because the scenery warrants it, bring a chair to relax by the river, bring a cold drink to hoist!

Let's plan on lunch on the trail at the camp spots.

I may run out Friday evening to see Mike and Kallie - let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

• Love
Reactions: Hogman and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Can't wait to get out and meet everyone. See you all this weekend.
Can’t wait either... hashing our last minute details with @KRose. I have a conference call with HQ tomorrow morning... we are discussing hitting the road before the call and then pulling over or she drives while I’m on call....

Reactions: reaver and Ubiety

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Excellent, cant wait!!! I assume we will be camping on the river, so getting my Jeep only kit together, then toys were mentioned and got sidetracked. Any idea how many are going? Look forward to meeting all of you. Excited to see Greg and family again. Had a blast with them and the group on the WABRDR.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
@Hogman glad to hear you are coming along! Here is the plan so far:

1. @M Rose and @KRose are heading to the trail this afternoon to secure a / some camp spots. There is one real big one that could accommodate all of us and Mike will preview it (not sure what the ground is like, rocky?).

Meetup at either
2. Sammaish City Hall @ 6:15am
3. Mt Si High School gravel student parking lot @ 7am

4. Run out to the end of the trail (only 10-12 miles but beautiful and on river)
5. Set up camp, hang out, etc.

Not everybody will be camping so the trip back down the road may be a little different than on the way out.

I have a family birthday party to attend today and a virtual memorial service tomorrow so I am not going to be able to get out to the camp sites for a visit until Saturday morning. Maybe later Friday night, not sure.