Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Do you have your Amateur Radio License? Are you interested in getting your license? Do you have a radio, but unsure how to use it? Come visit us and get in the air. We will be conducting VE Testing as well as have several stations set up for you to have a chance to Get On The Air (GOTA).

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I will have a 2 week old kid, most likely, but will see if I can make it out
I will be posting another Field Day event in the next few days that will be held in Kennewick area hosted by the Spout Springs Repeater Association (WF7S) check them out at Tri City Ham Amateur Radio

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
This week be my first Field Day, is it both days? Or part of each? It's a 4 hr drive down, just wondering if it's worth it to do Friday after work or Saturday morning. And what time on Sunday does everything wrap up?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
This week be my first Field Day, is it both days? Or part of each? It's a 4 hr drive down, just wondering if it's worth it to do Friday after work or Saturday morning. And what time on Sunday does everything wrap up?
It’s full 24 hour event we will have stations on the air the whole 24 hours. It begins at 1800 UTC Saturday and ending at 2059 UTC Sunday. Which translates to 11 am Saturday to 13:59 Sunday. (I think we actually wrap up early because we start setup on Friday night.

Personally I would look for a Field Day event closer to you, but you are more than welcome to come down for the weekend if you so choose.

Reactions: Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
It’s full 24 hour event we will have stations on the air the whole 24 hours. It begins at 1800 UTC Saturday and ending at 2059 UTC Sunday. Which translates to 11 am Saturday to 13:59 Sunday. (I think we actually wrap up early because we start setup on Friday night.

Personally I would look for a Field Day event closer to you, but you are more than welcome to come down for the weekend if you so choose.
I actually hunt the Starkey unit so I saw this and thought hell yeah, but you're probably right, and if you're adding a Kennewick event, that's close enough. I've had my ham license for about 4 years now and never transmitted, a group of us got the green in Colorado, then I had some health issues and was retired from the Air Force and moved to Spokane. Ready to fix that

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I actually hunt the Starkey unit so I saw this and thought hell yeah, but you're probably right, and if you're adding a Kennewick event, that's close enough. I've had my ham license for about 4 years now and never transmitted, a group of us got the green in Colorado, then I had some health issues and was retired from the Air Force and moved to Spokane. Ready to fix that
By all means come on down here. We would love to have you. Once I get a confirmation from W7MX on the Kennewick Field day I will set up the RP.

Reactions: Ebbs

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign