HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Pine Grove, Aurora, Bodie Ghost towns are on this overnighter trail run. There will be elevations that are cooler so bring appropriate clothing for nighttime. There is a secrete place we will be able to warm ourselves in... springs maybe. :-)

We will meet at the same location as the Ichthyosaur run. Definitely bring extra gas.

View Rally Point

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Looking forward to heading back to Nevada! The Reno Overlanders always put on a good event, and we look forward to seeing you guys again. Nevada is a beautiful state for sure.

Reactions: Moriarty

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
How many miles in the wilderness will this be?
My fuel range last trip was easily 250 miles.
Just trying to determine if I really need extra fuel.

Last edited:

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

How many miles in the wilderness will this be?
My fuel range last trip was easily 250 miles.
Just trying to determine if I really need extra fuel.
I will ask Mark if he has an estimated mileage figure yet. I'm sure everyone else would like to know as well.

jolagues

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Carmichael, California, United States
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Olagues
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QXA
Interested in going on this trip but coming in from sacramento is there a meetup point on the way in off of 395 where we could catch up with you?

Austin M

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Would like to join. Will be in the area that weekend, but coming for AZ. Is there a meetup?

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Interested in going on this trip but coming in from sacramento is there a meetup point on the way in off of 395 where we could catch up with you?
Would like to join. Will be in the area that weekend, but coming for AZ. Is there a meetup?
Meet up will be in Silver Springs, then travel to the Texaco Station at the corner of HWY95 and HWY339 for a top off of fuel. From there we will head down 339 into the Pine Grove area, this where we will camp on the first night at a high elevation (hoping for low temps). It will be about a 250 mile run so it is suggested to bring additional fuel if 250 miles with at least 100 miles of trails gets your vehicle close to empty. Hope this is helpful in your planing. Marc @delta22 has a great trip planned.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
The meetup for this run is in Silver Spring NV on Saturday morning at 9:am. This is at the junction of 95 and 50. We are going in the back way opposed to getting there via 395. Hope this helps

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’m not going to be able to make it, I signed up for the Sierras Rally, and can only do one big trip a month. One of these days I need to make it up there and do a run with you, you seem to have a really great group up there in Reno.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I’m not going to be able to make it, I signed up for the Sierras Rally, and can only do one big trip a month. One of these days I need to make it up there and do a run with you, you seem to have a really great group up there in Reno.
Thanks. It's a fun group. Look forward to seeing you on another run in the future.

Cmel06

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Melgarejo
Member #

Is the plan to stop at campgrounds or dispersed camping?