Rank V

Member III

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

Love this thread. banter is great and clearly a lot of toyota lovers on here. as a land rover driver (i know i need a reality check but I just love the green oval) I have to point to a youtube vids of a land rover pulling out toyotas.

. even when its out it still needs further help.

ps - toyota 1958 - a whole 10 years after land rover created the venerable series 1 land rover. cough cough which looks very much like the willie jeep. But we wont mention that.

A few funny pics.

what-did-the-toyota-driver-do-after-beating-thejeep-turned-341422.png

62b83fe022ecc42797125286d1528485.jpg

9253c91ad6c6d81ba27675f363dd0555-2.jpg

just for fun for all male 4x4 drivers

IMG_20140220_092942_edit.png

happy days.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Love this thread. banter is great and clearly a lot of toyota lovers on here. as a land rover driver (i know i need a reality check but I just love the green oval) I have to point to a youtube vids of a land rover pulling out toyotas.

. even when its out it still needs further help.

ps - toyota 1958 - a whole 10 years after land rover created the venerable series 1 land rover. cough cough which looks very much like the willie jeep. But we wont mention that.

A few funny pics.

View attachment 8639

View attachment 8640

View attachment 8641

just for fun for all male 4x4 drivers

View attachment 8638

happy days.
If that FJ had aired down he could have driven out of that.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

(in keeping with the spirit of good-natured banter... I'll defend the FJ above, lol)

The FJ was high-centred on the snow ridge... not much to do when your tires aren't touching the ground.

FJ's have a rear locker but no front locker. There is A-Trac (which is great) but a true front locker would still be better in low traction times.

Airing down is ALWAYS a good idea... doubtful it would have helped at this stage for him though. He looked screwed, lol.

A long handled shovel would have been the only way to get out of that if the other rig was not there. Get the weight back on the tires rather than the undercarriage.

I've pulled out many different types of rigs in just that circumstance.... and been pulled out myself many times. If you wheel hard in the winter you WILL get stuck. A lot of times a winch is the only way to recover stuck rigs... especially when it's all you can do to get moving by yourself, never mind trying to pull someone out.

If you never get stuck you aren't taking enough risks / having fun.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

(in keeping with the spirit of good-natured banter... I'll defend the FJ above, lol)

If you never get stuck you aren't taking enough risks / having fun.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Could not agree more. A few times on my recent overland trip to spain, we had to pass a tractor or logging lorry. We were on a narrow track with a sheer drop at the side of us. Needless to say, each time we had to pass, we were the ones on the cliff edge. That risk, led to adrenaline, which led to excitement and a memorable experience. Did not get stuck, but the weather was kind to us.

Reactions: Winterpeg and Kelly

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

those words cut deep :yum:. Still as a land rover owner, with a roof rack, spare wheel on the roof, fridge, inverter and a few other things captured in the video, I reckon you can't be talking about me as I don't have 35 inches wheels (although if anyone knows if I can put some on I would be interested:tonguewink:). Thankfully you did not poke fun at the obligatory drone which we are now all flying to capture our adventures from above. That would have been a step too far:tearsofjoy:

E

expeditionnorth

those words cut deep :yum:. Still as a land rover owner, with a roof rack, spare wheel on the roof, fridge, inverter and a few other things captured in the video, I reckon you can't be talking about me as I don't have 35 inches wheels (although if anyone knows if I can put some on I would be interested:tonguewink:). Thankfully you did not poke fun at the obligatory drone which we are now all flying to capture our adventures from above. That would have been a step too far:tearsofjoy:
sorry it wasnt meant to poke at anyone, its just a generalization of the crazy stuff we do
I thought It was humorous

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

sorry it wasnt meant to poke at anyone, its just a generalization of the crazy stuff we do
I thought It was humorous
Hi Expedition north. It was humorous and I loved the video and definitely recognised myself in it. I thought I responded in a humorous way, including emoticons to show I was jesting. Sorry if you thought I was being serious, I truly was not.
All the best. John

Last edited: