Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I'm interested in the Peters Mill run. Does anyone know when the trail closes for winter? Also, where can these $5 permits be purchased? Thank you in advance.
There is a convenience store right at the bottom of Woodstock Tower Rd, on Fort Valley Rd, across from the firehouse. You can buy passes there, and they are open on Sat and Sun. It's the only convenience store/gas station within about 15-20 miles. They also have a great beer selection for after Peters Mill Run:)

Americonium

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

@Americonium let us know if you decide to make a run out to Peter's Mill Run .... I'd love to hit it again. And I'm sure there are a few more in the NOVA/DC area that would tag along.
Thank you so much for the pointers. I'm at an October timeframe, but so much to do on the new JL before then....

Willy G

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Great to hear guys, and Its stock vehicle friendly, so you all will have a great time out there.

We are doing a trip to potts mountain Sept 8th. If anyone is interested. Its a little harder of a trail. But I'll be taking my sidekick

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. You wanted me to keep everyone posted so I am! I have never been to the area. Iv never driven the trails. I don’t even know where In the state of Virginia this all is but Im planning on going in October. I don’t have a date set. If there’s a couple people that would like to go, we can all decide on a date. For myself, it’s going to be a hike so I’ll be making a weekend out of it. Friday night through Sunday mid day. That leave all day Saturday to explore.
Hopefully someone who knows the area will be able to go. Or we can just aimlessly explore the area. Whatever everyone wants!

So......who’s in??

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. You wanted me to keep everyone posted so I am! I have never been to the area. Iv never driven the trails. I don’t even know where In the state of Virginia this all is but Im planning on going in October. I don’t have a date set. If there’s a couple people that would like to go, we can all decide on a date. For myself, it’s going to be a hike so I’ll be making a weekend out of it. Friday night through Sunday mid day. That leave all day Saturday to explore.
Hopefully someone who knows the area will be able to go. Or we can just aimlessly explore the area. Whatever everyone wants!

So......who’s in??
@theorangekl , thanks for keeping us in the loop! Totally appreciate that!

I'd be totally down for coming out one weekend and hanging out in the Fort Valley area-I get out there quite frequently. I know a few others on here probably would as well. Let us know what weekend you decide on. If I remember correctly I'm going to be tied up with work related events the first and last weekends in Oct, but open the 13th, 14th and 20th, 21st.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
@theorangekl , thanks for keeping us in the loop! Totally appreciate that!

I'd be totally down for coming out one weekend and hanging out in the Fort Valley area-I get out there quite frequently. I know a few others on here probably would as well. Let us know what weekend you decide on. If I remember correctly I'm going to be tied up with work related events the first and last weekends in Oct, but open the 13th, 14th and 20th, 21st.
Okay. The middle two weekends look good for now I’ll see who else chimes in so we can set a date

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Okay. The middle two weekends look good for now I’ll see who else chimes in so we can set a date
Whoops! Just realized that the 19-21st is the James River Rooftop Tent Rally, and I know a few of us are signed up for that. You should check that out! It's in Gladstone, VA, just west of Richmond.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Whoops! Just realized that the 19-21st is the James River Rooftop Tent Rally, and I know a few of us are signed up for that. You should check that out! It's in Gladstone, VA, just west of Richmond.
Can I go if I don’t have a roof top tent?
Oh snap I didn’t realize. Maybe November will be a better month. We still have time.