HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
This is an easy day trip that consist of 10 miles with a stop at Genoa Peak overlook. Stock vehicle can make this trip with the use of 4LO.

Bring wind and sun protection, water/drinks and lunch.

View Rally Point

sierrabob

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Strobel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI70MP
Thanks Bill for calling this run, always wanted to go up to Genoa Peak, Bob and Mari are in.

Jeep is down at the moment and working on it in my garage, ball joints and all steering bars being replaced. Waiting on a draglink and should have it up and running by next week.

Edit: Completed the work, just test rode the Jeep, tomorrow tire balance, rotation and alignment and will see you at the meeting place:blush:

Bob

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
WooHoo!!
Count me in...

xplorr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Did this trip go smoothly? I'm thinking of heading up there in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if you ran into any locked gates or such due to COVID restrictions or if all was normal.
Thank you.

sierrabob

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Strobel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI70MP
Did this trip go smoothly? I'm thinking of heading up there in the next couple of weeks and am wondering if you ran into any locked gates or such due to COVID restrictions or if all was normal.
Thank you.
Hi,
Yes a very good run. No locked gates, light traffic and beautiful scenery. After a break and lunch on Genoa Peak a few of us continued south and found the 1964 Paradise airlines Constellation crash site. Took some exploring to find it and we paid our respects at the memorials.
Paradise Airlines Flight 901A - Wikipedia

Genoa Peak
20200621_115930.jpg
Crash site - Many weathered monuments erected by loved ones for those that lost their lives
IMG_3423 (1).jpg

Parts of the trail have wooden boundaries to protect the terrain
IMG_3421 (1).jpg