Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
So far away.:(
More of a painful traffic experience than a long trip lol. We brought our RV down to the fairgrounds last weekend to avoid dealing with the traffic both ways for both days. Really like your logo, very creative.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m sorry you feel this way. This is an adventure group, where travel is necessary. I understand traffic is brutal up there in the Sound.
3 weeks a go my Wife Kallie and I drove 500 miles from here in Northeast Oregon to Tocoma, Washington to buy her dream car. 2 days later we drove another 6 hours to grab a burger with fellow Overland Bound Members in Spokane, Washington at @Buzzard13 Post Falls Rigs and Food, where lots More than just talke happened. Be watching for @Buzzard13 to be posting his second meetup where they are going to be planning a couple of camp outs and trail raiders. I was told that only 4 people were going to show up to that event, so I figured I would bring 3 people (myself included) to help boost his numbers. We had over 20 people there.

I strongly encourage all who can make the trip to go. We can’t put on the camp outs and trail rides without the meet and greets. Things are changing here in the Northwest, and things can’t change without members showing their support.

Reactions: Buzzard13

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Wish we could make it, but the wife and I both work full time, she gets off at 5, I work until 5:30. Planning any time off during the week is difficult for me. Where I work we have 2 1/4 employees, I do 90+ % of the actual work, the other guy runs the phones and deals with customers and the owner shows up occasionally and gets in the way, "helps".

Reactions: OTH Overland

croakthedj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Puyallup, WA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Sperl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7WOO
More of a painful traffic experience than a long trip lol. We brought our RV down to the fairgrounds last weekend to avoid dealing with the traffic both ways for both days. Really like your logo, very creative.
I don't mind the drive. Just work too late to make it. and thank you. I pride myself on the graphics I create. Sometimes I even charge

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Will have to see what my work schedule allows. Would be a three-hour drive each-way for me.

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Good Evening All, I am glad to see interest in our meetup from folks near and far. We do understand the logistics of attending an evening event during the week when you live or work a long distance away, especially with traffic. my intent was for local(ish) members to get to know each other without tying up valuable weekend exploring time. I did have some issue with the invite portion of the Rally Point not letting me send invites, and asked @M Rose to help out. May have ended up with a larger radius than practical on the invites for this type of event. If you do make the drive we would love to see you, if not we hope to see you at another event soon. Thank you

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Wow, looks like this has come full circle. Barring health & mechanical breakdowns, we'll be there.

-jim lee
We are looking forward to seeing you guys again, thank for the restaurant suggestion when we saw you last:)

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Will have to see what my work schedule allows. Would be a three-hour drive each-way for me.
Paul, it would be great to see you again, but defiantly understand its a long way to come, almost have to stop for pre-dinner on the way..lol. Sorry we did not run in to you last weekend, swap meet was bigger than I expected

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Wish we could make it, but the wife and I both work full time, she gets off at 5, I work until 5:30. Planning any time off during the week is difficult for me. Where I work we have 2 1/4 employees, I do 90+ % of the actual work, the other guy runs the phones and deals with customers and the owner shows up occasionally and gets in the way, "helps".
Lol, I understand the work thing, thats why its a four letter word. The you would have to toss in a couple of ferry trips across the pond, hopefully we will see you at a weekend event sometime soon. Nice area you live in, we enjoy getting over to the other side of the water when we can.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
For us few members living out here on the Olympic peninsula....it always hours of driving for a few hour event :^( Sorry guys, wish I could...have fun though, post lots of photos!
Ansa, Totally understand, that is a very long drive along with two ferry trips each way. You do live in a beautiful location, well away from the congestion of the I5 corridor. Hopefully someone will put on an event on that side of the water soon, and maybe we can come visit your neighborhood.

Reactions: Laughing Otter

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Paul, it would be great to see you again, but defiantly understand its a long way to come, almost have to stop for pre-dinner on the way..lol. Sorry we did not run in to you last weekend, swap meet was bigger than I expected
Glad you enjoyed the swap meet. It was pretty big wasn't it. We'll see about the meet-up later this month.

MeliMK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orwigsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Melinda
Last Name
Killian
Member #

Looks fun! Each day I seem to miss living on Whidbey more and more. Though we have plenty of TP over here, so theres that I guess. Looking forward to hitting up one of these meet ups in the future though.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Looks fun! Each day I seem to miss living on Whidbey more and more. Though we have plenty of TP over here, so theres that I guess. Looking forward to hitting up one of these meet ups in the future though.
Melinda, We also still have plenty of TP and supplies in our local store here on Camano, The big box stores in Mount Vernon and Marysvill, not so much. Hope we see you guys at an event soon.