Gazelle Tents

• HTML tutorial

Kidd

Rank II

Advocate II

I had a chance this Saturday to try out my new gazelle tent. One of the reasons I picked this tent over a roof top tent is: we always camp/overland with are dog, I don’t have to space nor do I want to leave a tent on my roof all the time, and overall cost.
My other tent is just a Coleman 6 person. But it was time to upgrade. Right off the bat, you can tell the materials are much better than my last tent. It honestly only took about 5 mins to set up and take down. Which is amazing when it used to take almost 30 mins to fit my last tent back into its bag. I was able to fit a queen size blowup mattress with room to spare. Its so tall that even a guy who is 6’2” can stand in it.

The only down side of the gazelle tent is how big the tent is in the the bag. My Tacoma only has a 5 foot bed and the tent is about 5 1/2 feet long in the packaging. So I had to lay the tent at an angle to be able to close my tail gate.

All in all I’m very happy with this tent. And can’t wait to use it again.

BrianMalone80

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

House Springs Missouri
Member #

I had a chance this Saturday to try out my new gazelle tent. One of the reasons I picked this tent over a roof top tent is: we always camp/overland with are dog, I don’t have to space nor do I want to leave a tent on my roof all the time, and overall cost.
My other tent is just a Coleman 6 person. But it was time to upgrade. Right off the bat, you can tell the materials are much better than my last tent. It honestly only took about 5 mins to set up and take down. Which is amazing when it used to take almost 30 mins to fit my last tent back into its bag. I was able to fit a queen size blowup mattress with room to spare. Its so tall that even a guy who is 6’2” can stand in it.

The only down side of the gazelle tent is how big the tent is in the the bag. My Tacoma only has a 5 foot bed and the tent is about 5 1/2 feet long in the packaging. So I had to lay the tent at an angle to be able to close my tail gate.

Awesome thank you for the feedback. I am looking forward to getting one and getting out with it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I have a Gazelle, its ok. Spacious and quick to set up for sure. Broke a pole the third time I set it up. Still waiting on customer service to help me out with it. For the price, I expected it wasn't going to be an amazing tent, so I'm not that worried.

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I have a Gazelle, its ok. Spacious and quick to set up for sure. Broke a pole the third time I set it up. Still waiting on customer service to help me out with it. For the price, I expected it wasn't going to be an amazing tent, so I'm not that worried.
Chris, How long did it take customer service to make good on the warranty claim?

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Kidd, did you get the T3 or T4?

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Has anyone had one out in heavy wind or rain? The quick pitch seems kind of cool but the fly and window design does not look to make it water tight in a windy rain. Though for the summer here looks nice.

Reactions: Billiebob

Justinwrites

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Olympia, WA
Member #

I'm curious about rain too. I'd have to either buy two or the t4 plus because... kids. But I have my doubts once the rains come. But I also end up being the only one setting up the tent because... kids, so making it easier on me would be huge.

BrianMalone80

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

House Springs Missouri
Member #

I'm curious about rain too. I'd have to either buy two or the t4 plus because... kids. But I have my doubts once the rains come. But I also end up being the only one setting up the tent because... kids, so making it easier on me would be huge.
I will let you know on Monday I am heading out of town to camp right now and it is raining today and tonight where we are going.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

It did alright in the rain for me. It wasn't terrential but it was steady and the inside stayed dry.

JersT4R

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Norfolk, VA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

I need to replace a basic Coleman tent, and I think for the price I may go with the T3. It’s usually just me and my son camping so the T4 would be a bit extreme. Plus I like the smaller footprint of the T3 fitting it inside my 4Runner.