Launch Member

Enthusiast I

5205 Sutter Way, Raleigh, NC 27613, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Corrigan
Member #

I had to go with the T4 needed room for queen size air mattress & dog bed. I am with you about sleeping on the ground. Plus I have to get up a couple of times a night for Nature calls. (no roof top tent for that reason & cost) I pray for your health and that you will be out camping before long.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I had to go with the T4 needed room for queen size air mattress & dog bed. I am with you about sleeping on the ground. Plus I have to get up a couple of times a night for Nature calls. (no roof top tent for that reason & cost) I pray for your health and that you will be out camping before long.
Yup, I'd break my neck if I owned a RTT. They are made for people who have good knees and can sleep all night. If I could get up in one I would have to have a funnel connected to a 2 gallon can down on the ground. LOL

P.S. Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Gazelle T4 GT400GR Pop-Up Portable Camping Hub Tent, Easy Instant Set up in 90 Seconds, Alpine Green, 4-Person, Family, Overlanding, 94" x 94" 4-Person Tent.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I never assume Amazon have the best prices. I always check the manufacture for their price on products. I would send it back if I could save $150.
I made an error. I found my invoice for the t3 from Amazon and I paid $178 for it. I did go to the Gazelle site for prices today and I am confused. They have the T4 for $449.99 and in another place they list it as $278. The T3 is not listed at all anymore. BTW it is 68" tall at highest point. I have shrunk from 5' - 11" too 5"- 9" in the last 4 years so I guess I'll fit okay

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I made an error. I found my invoice for the t3 from Amazon and I paid $178 for it. I did go to the Gazelle site for prices today and I am confused. They have the T4 for $449.99 and in another place they list it as $278. The T3 is not listed at all anymore. BTW it is 68" tall at highest point. I have shrunk from 5' - 11" too 5"- 9" in the last 4 years so I guess I'll fit okay

There are three models of the T4 tent, 1: 2019 and older, the new redesigned 2020, and the T4 Overlander. The cheapest T4 is old stock, the most expensive is the T4 Overlander.
From my understanding the T-3 will no longer be available.

As for the T4 Plus/T8, the new bag is great, a lot of extra room in the bag. I store 200’ of extra 3/8” rope in my bag Along with my stake hammer and a few other odds and ends. i can’t talk enough about the bag alone... I love it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
There are three models of the T4 tent, 1: 2019 and older, the new redesigned 2020, and the T4 Overlander. The cheapest T4 is old stock, the most expensive is the T4 Overlander.
From my understanding the T-3 will no longer be available.

As for the T4 Plus/T8, the new bag is great, a lot of extra room in the bag. I store 200’ of extra 3/8” rope in my bag Along with my stake hammer and a few other odds and ends. i can’t talk enough about the bag alone... I love it.
For some reason every time I buy something they quit making it after I buy. I might have bought the T4 but I was worried about my ability to load up and set up the heavier tent. I really wanted the space but decided to combine the T3 with either an awning or a 8"x 8" canopy with sides for day time use or when I sleep in my rig I will just set up the canopy and not the tent. The expo spots are only 20'x 20' so the 8x8 canopy will fit better in the space allowed. The awning would be easier for me to set up camp but the canopy allows me the use of my vehicle without pulling up roots at a camp site. I will worry on it then make a last minute decision before I leave on the long PNW trip.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
For some reason every time I buy something they quit making it after I buy. I might have bought the T4 but I was worried about my ability to load up and set up the heavier tent. I really wanted the space but decided to combine the T3 with either an awning or a 8"x 8" canopy with sides for day time use or when I sleep in my rig I will just set up the canopy and not the tent. The expo spots are only 20'x 20' so the 8x8 canopy will fit better in the space allowed. The awning would be easier for me to set up camp but the canopy allows me the use of my vehicle without pulling up roots at a camp site. I will worry on it then make a last minute decision before I leave on the long PNW trip.
You have a great tent Jim. If it were just me, I would sleep in my rig, or set up a cot on the ground. But, my wife and daughter insist they have a tent. When I go by myself, I take my small backpacking tent and hopefully soon a cot. It’s not going to be long before I can no longer sleep on the ground.

I have an awning and have used it twice. I really don’t like setting it up and taking it down by my self. I bought it for base camp when I’m setting up for more than a day or two in one location, primarily for using as a shelter while operating my radios.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Love my T4. I decided to add a patio umbrella cover over the bag to keep road, rain and crap off it on the road and storage. The cover has a 10 year warranty too! This should do the trick

What a great idea. I have to carry my Gazelle Gazebo on the roof and was looking for something to protect the cover from the sun and elements.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Easily. Probably two. It might not be easy to get them in. The door is narrow at the bottom.

T4 folded is about 70" long. That's the biggest problem with it, imo.
But I understand the tradeoff for easy setup.

Perhaps unfold the cot inside. The length forces one to carry it on the roof. Having the umbrella cover will help keep the tent clean and dry.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Goats I do not... I have seen a three cot setup with one cot set up as a bunk bed... I think it’s early on in this same thread.
Gazelle Tent

Gazelle Tent

I use a queen sized air mattress and I have room to walk all around the mattress, and the mattress is 2” longer than a standard military cot... again, sorry no pictures.

Reactions: Welding Goats

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Goats I do not... I have seen a three cot setup with one cot set up as a bunk bed... I think it’s early on in this same thread.
Gazelle Tent

Gazelle Tent

I use a queen sized air mattress and I have room to walk all around the mattress, and the mattress is 2” longer than a standard military cot... again, sorry no pictures.
Thanks for the reply and info.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Mike,

Do you know of any pics or videos that show a T4 with a two cot setup?

I have seen mention in several places that it works, but have yet to see visual proof.
I have. I saw a video or pictures of the t4 gazelle just today on the Amazon prime web site showing it with 2 cots. Go to the amazon site and specify the t4 gazelle tent in their description search box. Scroll down to the bottom of add and you will find what you want.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We have two full size folding cots from Cabela's and they fit great with plenty of space each side in a T4, if we offset them so they are side by side with about a foot or so from one wall, we have room for a 24"X36" fabric dog crate on the opposite side of the tent. One thing to remember is the tent has much lower headroom at the exterior wall, with the cot centered I can not stand up straight along side my cot, but the way the 4 sides pop out, there is a lot of elbow room to get dressed even if stooped a bit. the dog crate side has plenty of room. If you have cots spread apart they kind of block the doors, but there is just enough room to squeeze by on one end, and the free center space gives lots of room to stand fully, also you can use a small table and sit on the cots for a game of cards or dinner if the weather is really crappy outside. Overall we love the tent, well worth putting up with the extra weight and long transport length to be able to have a large dry space that sets up fast.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@OTH Overland, your fowl weather comment is why we opted for the T4 Plus. We put a Liftime table along one interior wall of the Screen Room, and we plan on putting a cot or two for a sitting bench along the walls for those late night dinners, or fowl weather camp days.

Reactions: OTH Overland

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
We have two full size folding cots from Cabela's and they fit great with plenty of space each side in a T4, if we offset them so they are side by side with about a foot or so from one wall, we have room for a 24"X36" fabric dog crate on the opposite side of the tent. One thing to remember is the tent has much lower headroom at the exterior wall, with the cot centered I can not stand up straight along side my cot, but the way the 4 sides pop out, there is a lot of elbow room to get dressed even if stooped a bit. the dog crate side has plenty of room. If you have cots spread apart they kind of block the doors, but there is just enough room to squeeze by on one end, and the free center space gives lots of room to stand fully, also you can use a small table and sit on the cots for a game of cards or dinner if the weather is really crappy outside. Overall we love the tent, well worth putting up with the extra weight and long transport length to be able to have a large dry space that sets up fast.
Excellent description. Thank you.

Reactions: OTH Overland