Gazelle Tent | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Gazelle Tent

Discussion in 'Overland Gear Review' started by mattd, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. mattd

mattd Rank 0

Map

I did an unboxing of the Gazelle T4 tent. I must say it looks like it will work out great. The bag has some nice features for carrying it and the price was right on a Christmas deal right of Gazelles website. I can't wait to get it out and try it. Check out my video.

Wildcard, Justin Cadiz and NovaBound like this.
  2. Welding Goats

Welding Goats Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    Nice video. Thanks for making me aware of this tent. There are certainly some things to like about it... But some areas of concern as well...

Can I only tie open the door flap and mesh? What do you do on a summer night with a little breeze when you want to let the air in but not the insects? Just deal with the flapping?

Is the entire tub Velcro'd on? I like that I can run a cord out to power... But not that I have to worry about the tub separating from the top of the tent.

Looking forward to an update after you have tried this out in the wild.

Personal wishes: would have liked to have seen a cot or sleeping bag in there for some perspective.

Retinens803 likes this.
  3. mattd

mattd Rank 0

Map

I will give the tent a few nights and update with a cot or bag this Spring. Thanks for the idea.

Welding Goats likes this.
  4. Welding Goats

Welding Goats Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    I look forward to hearing about your continued experiences.

5. JersT4R

JersT4R Rank II

Member #:

Map
    I love my Gazelle T-4 tent, used it this past weekend. It was 19 degrees overnight Friday and 15 overnight Saturday in Green Ridge State Forest. I noticed I lose a lot of heat from my Buddy Heater thru the screen top, with the rain fly on.

Does anyone have any suggestions to better insulate the tent? IMG_3745.jpg