Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Thanks @the_runn4r for the video. We were just weighing the merits of adding another tent to what we already have. T4 Plus seems prefect for us, how and where we would use it. The annex is ideal for the over packing my wife always does. Mostly kitchen related, plus we take our dogs. I assume with this new rain fly moisture in the rain inside the annex is not an issue?

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Nice to see these were updated, unfortunately it gives me a bit of a hard choice since I was going to buy one. Not sure T4, T4+, or T4 overland. Leaning against the T4 overland as it’s just a weatherproof bag and a floor liner. Originally wanted the + but it was sold out so I thought a T4 and a screen in room would fit the bill well. Can go back and forth on the screen room being attached to the tent or away from the tent. Will probably just go with the T4 and screened in area away from the tent so it can be used to cook away from the tent. I have a slumberjack I can use freestanding or off the back of my Jeep. However the wife and kids would probably enjoy that extra space ha ha.

educky

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bonney Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Morehead
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7RTO
I just picked up the T8, same dimensions of the T4Plus (naming is odd) but instead of a screen room, its enclosed like the other half.
T8 had an issue out of the package, working with Ardisam to figure out what to do about it. Looks very nice though, nice thick fabric etc. It may very well have me converted from my RTT. Obviously unpacking was a cinch, but I was also equally surprised putting it back in the bag wasn't nearly as PITA as I thought it was going to be.

Ddenny

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oviedo, FL, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Denny
Love my T4. I decided to add a patio umbrella cover over the bag to keep road, rain and crap off it on the road and storage. The cover has a 10 year warranty too! This should do the trick

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We went with the T4 Overland edition, so far very happy, Its nice having the ground sheet, keeps the bottom of the tent nice and clean. The upgraded bag and some decent tent stakes are a bonus. In addition we just liked the fall color look of the fabric lol. Damn thing is huge and heavy though, we stash it in a Thule rocket box on the roof rack along with two cots and the bedding, has worked out well so far, nice and dry in the rainy NW weather, and there is just enough room for our German shepherd's travel kennel which stops her from climbing up on the cots and shedding everywhere

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Just finished our latest adventure with the T4Plus. We spent a few nights on the beach at Cape Lookout. I had not yet tried this tent in any strong winds and was a bit nervous about it. It held up well. Definitely want to tie out the hubs and the top corners though. There's so much surface area on the outside of this thing that a strong wind will collapse a hub section. We have a bunch of the orange screw beach stakes but honestly, the stakes that came with the tent did just fine in the sand.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Bought the T4 about a month ago, Non-updated version $280. Love it, sets up quick and room for a queen size air mattress.View attachment 161865
Are you sure about the price. I paid that much for a T3 about 4 mo's ago ! Great 3 season tent I'm told.

Reactions: Ubiety

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Wow, I found this price in the overlandbound store but they were sold out.
The price I found was from the gazelle web site and Amazon prime. I dont know how to show you the site.

Thanks for this add, I feel screwed now because I paid $279.95 for the t3 model !
I couldnt get the green one either.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Can you send it back? Doesn't amazon take everything back? Keep it and bye the T4 - you will use both..lol
I could do that but I won't. I do good to lift my t3. I'm too old to lift a t4 even though that is what I wanted originally. I still say you stole it !
:-)

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

I meant to update I also just purchased from their spare parts list, a new bag v.2020 T4Plus/T8. A post from Gazelle on their youtube video introducing the updated versions they mention the bag size was increased. My only real gripe with my tent is the bag is JUST big enough for the tent making packing it away is a huge pain in the ass. Can't wait to see how the new bag fits.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Can you send it back? Doesn't amazon take everything back? Keep it and bye the T4 - you will use both..lol
I bought my t3 and before it arrived I ended up in the hospital emergency room for a colon cancer removal. I'll be lucky if I can ever get out to camp, at least for awhile anyway. God's will, I will.

• Sad
Reactions: RoarinRow