Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

How well ventilated is it?
How well does it breathe in how humid weather?
how weather resistant is it? Fly seems pretty small.
The ventilation is excellent. You have the 2 big doors, plus windows, plus almost the entirety of the top (if you don't install the fly).

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
We've been pretty happy with our T4 so far.

Good
+ Very quick to setup.
+ Seems durable.
+ Spacious inside.
+ Floor is removable so you can easily clean out dirt.

Not so good
- Large packed size makes it tricky to fit in the truck.
- Doors are not flat on the bottom and it's easy to get tripped up.
- Not great ventilation.
- Rain fly doesn't offer much protection when it is raining.

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
How well ventilated is it?
How well does it breathe in how humid weather?
how weather resistant is it? Fly seems pretty small.
I just got mine so I have yet to test it out. Ventilation is important to me as I’m now primarily camping in OH, KY, & TN which are much warmer climates than I was used to in my younger years camping in MT, ID, WA and southern Canada. The amount of ventilation / windows was a big draw for me as well. I hope to give a more comprehensive report as soon as the campgrounds open back up. I have added a Base Camp tent ceiling fan / LED to mount top / center.

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

I just received mine today. I won't have a chance to open it up till later this week. The storage bag seems decent enough so far although since I will have to strap this to the roof rack on top of my Jeep I'd like to find a sturdier container/bag for it. Maybe something I could even run a cable lock through.

Reactions: RoarinRow

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Just an update i have had mine for a full season now and its been pretty bomb proof. We had some 60 mph winds and it held up fine no issues. The only damage I have it from a friend putting a cot in it and one leg ripped into the floor. I won't be putting a cot in it again without renforcement on the legs. I bit of vinyl glue fixed the problem and now we are ready for another season.

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Just an update i have had mine for a full season now and its been pretty bomb proof. We had some 60 mph winds and it held up fine no issues. The only damage I have it from a friend putting a cot in it and one leg ripped into the floor. I won't be putting a cot in it again without renforcement on the legs. I bit of vinyl glue fixed the problem and now we are ready for another season.
Get a set of those furniture sliders to put underneath the feet of your cot. The legs will never poke through those and they are pretty inexpensive and you can find them at any hardware or home improvement store.

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
I just received mine today. I won't have a chance to open it up till later this week. The storage bag seems decent enough so far although since I will have to strap this to the roof rack on top of my Jeep I'd like to find a sturdier container/bag for it. Maybe something I could even run a cable lock through.
Due to the length of the T-4 my plan is that it will travel on my roof rack as well. I haven't considered a cable lock though. May have to look into it. I've got an FJ Cruiser so real estate inside the vehicle is at a premium and limited! Most of the gear goes on the roof!

Edward Ruth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Ruth
Member #

Due to the length of the T-4 my plan is that it will travel on my roof rack as well. I haven't considered a cable lock though. May have to look into it. I've got an FJ Cruiser so real estate inside the vehicle is at a premium and limited! Most of the gear goes on the roof!
For what it’s worth here is a picture of a T-4 on roof of FJ.

Attachments

Reactions: IrieVibes

Edward Ruth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Ruth
Member #

Thanks for adding the pic. I just ordered my t4 this week and wondering how it would fit on the roof rack of my FJ. What kind of straps are you using to hold it down?

Stratchits from Front Runner

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

T4 was the best tent I had so far. Used it in Summer and in Winter in - 7C (19F) last November with a heavy overnight snowfall and it was great.

Attachments

IrieVibes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Baton Rouge, LA
First Name
Dre
Last Name
Jaxx
Member #

T4 was the best tent I had so far. Used it in Summer and in Winter in - 7C (19F) last November with a heavy overnight snowfall and it was great.
Received ours today. Impressed with the quick setup. Ready to test it out on our trip in July. Had to run my daughter out of it so I could break it down.

IrieVibes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Baton Rouge, LA
First Name
Dre
Last Name
Jaxx
Member #

Our Gazelle was delivered today! The setup is as quick and easy as the numerous YouTube videos I watched made it appear to be. Had to run my daughter out of it so I could break it down. Now we’re really excited for our upcoming adventure to SW Colorado and SE Utah.

Attachments

Reactions: Dennis K.

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Our Gazelle was delivered today! The setup is as quick and easy as the numerous YouTube videos I watched made it appear to be. Had to run my daughter out of it so I could break it down. Now we’re really excited for our upcoming adventure to SW Colorado and SE Utah.
You are going to enjoy it.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
How effective was the rainfly in the snow? Did you have any snow fall in the doors when they were open since the fly doesn't extend all that far past the body of the tent? I haven't had our T4 in rain or snow yet and have been curious how protected the doors are.

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

When I woke up there was about an inch of snow on the fly and nothing on the doors apart from some accumulation at the bottom around the tent. Because the floor is somewhat raised the snow didn't even reach the doors.

Reactions: slomatt

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Again, it was relatively cold so the snow wasn't melting. So I still can't speak to how water-resistant T4 is.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I have the T3 and love it. Would've gone with the T4, but wouldn't fit in my truck without storing in the bed at an angle.

One thing I did to "improve" it, was to use one o' those Harbor Freight moving blankets as "carpet" on the floor. Quiets and softens. I also have a couple;le pieces of indoor/outdoor carpet I use for mats inside & outside. But that moving blanket trick is sweet.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I have the T3 and love it. Would've gone with the T4, but wouldn't fit in my truck without storing in the bed at an angle.

One thing I did to "improve" it, was to use one o' those Harbor Freight moving blankets as "carpet" on the floor. Quiets and softens. I also have a couple;le pieces of indoor/outdoor carpet I use for mats inside & outside. But that moving blanket trick is sweet.
I use that blanket too, especially when cold and walking barefoot inside tent!

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA

+1 to having "carpet" in the tent. We use a large Nemo Equipment blanket that is also great for picnics. A floor mat goes outside to stand on while taking shoes on and off.