Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlottesville, VA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
P
Anyone else with a Gazelle T3/4 tent have the same issue? The Velcro is not sewn completely around the tent with gaps that I can stick my fingers through and tough dirt. I bought a T3 with this issue, sent it back, they sent me a T4 with the same issue.

Is this normal? If so, how did you fix the issue to keep bugs out?

Attachments

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
I definitely do not have that issue. I have been very pleased with the quality of the tent.

Reactions: Eric Pedri

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

If I may jump in line here...other than the current thread issue, is there any down side to either of these tents? Looking into obtaining one in near future All I can see is weight and folded size.

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
We thought there was something wrong with our floor not fitting as well. But, we found that it was just installed improperly. After we lined it up properly, it fit perfectly.

Eric Pedri

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlottesville, VA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
P
So gazelle admitted they do not sew around the poles, but what I'm experiencing is outside of the norm. Ended up refunding me my money and gave me advice out to fix it.

While I'm not happy about the issue and having to fix it myself. Nice they refunded me my money with no questions.

Eric Pedri

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlottesville, VA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
P
If I may jump in line here...other than the current thread issue, is there any down side to either of these tents? Looking into obtaining one in near future All I can see is weight and folded size.
I have to say despite the issues, the tent is solid. Good material, setup is 90 seconds like advertised, and overall quality. Just know that around the poles on the bottom you'll have to glue the Velcro to close it up.

Bluesman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
Member #

Thanks Eric. I am looking to add a T4 to my set up more for JIC than regular use, but my research found more than a few complaints about the floor not sealing well enough to keep out bugs. How effective has the glue fix been and what kind of adhesive worked for you?

Reactions: Graeman

Dseck63

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Seck
Member #

The flooring on the tent absolutely sucks but like BC Moto said I used duct tape around the perimeter where the Velcro is to keep out the critters.

Reactions: Graeman

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Just got my T4 today and closely inspected the floor. Looks damn tight with no issued spotted.

Dseck have you taken the floor out and tried to reattach it or is yours like that without ever having taken it out?

Dseck63

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Seck
Member #

Just got my T4 today and closely inspected the floor. Looks damn tight with no issued spotted.

Dseck have you taken the floor out and tried to reattach it or is yours like that without ever having taken it out?
I did but its tough because the creases are at the corners. They aren't soft enough to mend together.

Eric Pedri

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlottesville, VA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
P
Thanks Eric. I am looking to add a T4 to my set up more for JIC than regular use, but my research found more than a few complaints about the floor not sealing well enough to keep out bugs. How effective has the glue fix been and what kind of adhesive worked for you?
Gazelle Recommended Gorilla Fabric Glue to glue the velcro back into place against the tent. Seems to have worked so far. Now my floor it appears is larger than the tent...meaning I go around velcroing the floor back into place, and get back to start position with more floor than wall.

I'm probably going to just find some good tape and tape it all up so we don't get ants in there again.

Eric Pedri

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlottesville, VA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
P
Dang it this thread needs to disappear. I just ordered the overland edition.
Sounds like you might be ok...I, and a few others, may just have had bad luck. I think overall, if you can get over the floor issue, the tent is awesome. May just tape the floor seam. From bag to fully erect with rain fly was less than 2 minutes. Staking the tent, and wall support lines was like another 3 or 4 minutes.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels