Gas Lantern or Battery powered Lantern? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Gas Lantern or Battery powered Lantern?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6IHR
This is what I use...https://primus.us/products/easy-light-4?variant=29444431249491&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwril6ojN8AIVvP_jBx0JpweFEAAYASAAEgKBU_D_BwE

I like the ambiance and the little they put out. I have 4, very small and store them in my Decked system.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Rank V
Adventure

Member III

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

I prefer the battery-powered lights. One of the most remarkable inventions is the Crush Light Chroma by Goal Zero. It is powered with solar or USB. You can attach them to nearly everything and everywhere. Awesome product.

Attachments

Reactions: OTH Overland

velo47

Rank VI

Explorer III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham Callsign
W3TAX
We use solar Luci lights. They're small, bright, and recharge on the dashboard during the day.
They are regularly on sale (we got ours 50% off last at Christmastime).

OTH Overland

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate III

Camano Island, Camano, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham Callsign
N7XQP
We bought some rechargeable mini lanterns that are also bug zappers from Costco. Did not expect much out of them, but surprisingly the seem to put out a decent light pattern, last quite a while and do actually kill a few mosquitoes. We hang the three of them off the awning. We have also been using the Goal Zero Crush Light Chroma, its a great tent light, and love that dims.