• HTML tutorial

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

Following...

Don't mind masks and social distancing. If we all have our own campsite designation. I just came from NH with a group for a 3-day trip. We all rolled together but were practicing distancing and just stayed within our boundaries. (Even in the trails)

Reactions: Cpol and Tacoma809

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

Did some early PA camping (like, the 2nd night that you could actually camp in a state park in PA) and it was nice. I chose "non-pet" and it was very quiet.

I have heard that as everyone wants out of their houses, there's more noise, more music being played, less distancing, so on. I believe we're headed for another shutdown, so finding dispersed locations will be key, I think, if you still want to camp. Soon.

Reactions: Tacoma809

OVRLNDER

US East Region Member Rep, NY
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Did some early PA camping (like, the 2nd night that you could actually camp in a state park in PA) and it was nice. I chose "non-pet" and it was very quiet.

I have heard that as everyone wants out of their houses, there's more noise, more music being played, less distancing, so on. I believe we're headed for another shutdown, so finding dispersed locations will be key, I think, if you still want to camp. Soon.
That is another problem I'm having is a lot of campsites in NY have been booked since day one of camping. A few of the campgrounds I've called have told me they have people basically living their cause they can live off unemployment while camping.

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

I can't speak to the unemployment thing.

I can, though, speak to that first day camping. PA State Park, and most sites had NY plates. NY was not they open at that time.

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

I created an event in FB Overland East, in VA. I'm trying to stay away from NY/NJ area for now. Unless its primitive and secluded. Even in as far as NH, the campsites were are full. Bald Eagle State Forest was good though. I was there several weeks ago.

Cris_Anton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oakland, NJ, USA
First Name
Cristian
Last Name
Anton
Member #

I will love to go anywhere by now Im actually pissed as hell from staying home, we dont need campgrounds we just need to find a place that we can set up I dont care if i sleep hanging from a tree, I'm heading to NH and Maine on Tuesday for 4 days taking the wife and kids solo trip, I'm still with no work so I'm up to go anywhere in the north east

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'm south of you in Jamestown..There isn't much of anything that we're "allowed" to do anywhere.. Especially now that FUAC is banning other states travel, etc..I'm also trying to figure a place that will allow groups but am having no luck.But I'm thinking more along the lines of small town restaurants with larger parking lots etc..

Reactions: OVRLNDER

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
I have access to a private location about 10 minutes northeast of Syracuse. Has room for 20+ participants (spread out) and is on the water for kayaking and fishing. Very family friendly. Has some small off road trails. I find them a bit muddy, so I don't use them often, but they are fun for a quick test. I think its about time we meet up again - its been too long. We had a good core group going for a while, but that has thinned out due to people moving away, etc. These meetups really matter, because they establish friendships that can extend into further adventures, camping, etc.

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I have access to a private location about 10 minutes northeast of Syracuse. Has room for 20+ participants (spread out) and is on the water for kayaking and fishing. Very family friendly. Has some small off road trails. I find them a bit muddy, so I don't use them often, but they are fun for a quick test. I think its about time we meet up again - its been too long. We had a good core group going for a while, but that has thinned out due to people moving away, etc. These meetups really matter, because they establish friendships that can extend into further adventures, camping, etc.
That sounds awesome! I myself won't be able to attend anything for this month and the beginning of next month with my work schedule (Shh, I'm at work now. lol), but that shouldn't stop you from having people meet up. I just wish I could.

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I'm thinking something for the end of this month and beginning of next. Sucks that there is no expo this year. Does anyone have any camping spots that we (a group of people, including multiple vehicles) could meet up for a weekend getaway? With work I'm able to leave early Fridays now. I'm still having a hard time finding somewhere that a group can meet and camp.

Cris_Anton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oakland, NJ, USA
First Name
Cristian
Last Name
Anton
Member #

I wanted to hit lower Vermont get some class 4 roads and there is plenty of free camping as well , for me mid to late October will work, just a weekend get away and about a 3 hour drive from north jersey

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

We have a group weekend planned through Tri State Overland the weekend of the 10/09 at BESF.. After that I'm not sure of whats happening

Reactions: Dusther210

Devonm8299

Rank 0

Contributor I

Northvale NJ
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Modery
I'm new to the scene and would love to get out to an event to meet some of you guys, what are some spots that are popular in this area? It's tough on the east coast, I'm from north jersey right over the NY border

Cris_Anton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oakland, NJ, USA
First Name
Cristian
Last Name
Anton
Member #

I'm new to the scene and would love to get out to an event to meet some of you guys, what are some spots that are popular in this area? It's tough on the east coast, I'm from north jersey right over the NY border
Welcome , I’m right in Bergen county too in Oakland , not many places at all in this Nazi state , the pines if you like water and sand otherwise is just off-road parks in PA

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Welcome , I’m right in Bergen county too in Oakland , not many places at all in this Nazi state , the pines if you like water and sand otherwise is just off-road parks in PA
That is one of many of the sad parts of living in NY.

B-rizzle

Rank III

Member III

Suffern, NY, USA
First Name
brenton
Last Name
myers
Member #

That is one of many of the sad parts of living in NY.
Just joined not to long ago. I live on thr NY side of the NY/NJ border and cant find anything legal. I have found some powerlines i am trying to get permission before going onto the land. Try and work a deal with O&R, maybe clear the trail if a tree is down, im not looking to tear up the land but have some weekend fun close to home.