Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I know with the coronavirus going on a lot of people are stuck at home. With me being NY’s Rep, I figured why not start a thread on what's everyone's idea for future meet-ups in NY. I live just south of Buffalo but I’m willing to travel anywhere in NY for a meet, maybe have a three day camping trip out of it.
At first I was thinking of doing meet-ups at capable (parking lot size) Breweries somewhere in NY. Maybe do a traveling brewery meet-up, like every month pick a new brewery so I can meet new people along with the regular people I'd meet at the meet-up. Of course this is after all this is coronavirus is over. Thoughts?

OVRLNDER

US East Region Member Rep, NY
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Please let us know I want to try my new upgrades
I will do, once all this (coronavirus) is over I plan on reaching out to establishments in regards to host events and then looking into areas for trails and camp.

dougruss3

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Livingston County, New York, United States
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Hey there. When all of this is over and you do decide to do this please check out Silver Lake Brewing Project, The Silver Lake Brewing Project | Perry, NY. They are in my town in Perry. I am sure that they would love to host a get together. I for one would absolutely love to meet up with some people with the same interests.

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Hey there. When all of this is over and you do decide to do this please check out Silver Lake Brewing Project, The Silver Lake Brewing Project | Perry, NY. They are in my town in Perry. I am sure that they would love to host a get together. I for one would absolutely love to meet up with some people with the same interests.
Thanks you, I will add them to the list.

Reactions: dougruss3

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Still looking into more locations for meet-ups. If you have a location that you're interested in that may work, you can either shoot me a Direct Message or post it here. Even if there is an event in your area that could work for a small meet-up, I'm all for it. Also if you know of people in NY that are part of the forum, people that are interested in Overland Bound, or just overlanding in general are more then welcome as well.

Reactions: dougruss3

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I'm doing research and trying to piece together a camping/overland trip, and would love to get to central/southern NY.. from Long Island.
I'll be figuring things out more when NY opens up further. I will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: Seppy

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

We can do a clean up at the beach in Long Island. For all that are interested please inquire regarding permits to travel over sand.. night fishing permit can be acquired at dec.org site.
That is an awesome idea! We should definitely do that. I can't wait for NY to reopen!

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

It’s open
Not fully. NY is still only in phase 3. I'm not going to set anything up until ALL of NY is in phase 4 at least. I do not want to have Overland Bound get into trouble or responsible for anyone getting fines because we couldn't wait a few more weeks if that. Plus I cant find a place to hold any type of get together because we are still in phase 3. Please be patient I have been working on locations to hold events/ get togethers but they dont want to loose their liquor license and get fined if they host something like this.

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I know NY is mostly in phase 4 but I am running into the problem of places not wanting to host gatherings with what NYS is doing to businesses if they do. There was a gathering at an outdoor restaurant near my house that was shut down by NYS. I know some of you have been doing things as smaller groups which is great. If you know of a place we can safely meet in central NY (so it can be an equal drive from both sides of the state), then by all means let me know and we can set something up. I am hoping to get together this month.
Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July weekend!

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

It has been hard to find a campground that will allow people from other campsites to mingle due to covid and what Cuomo is doing to companies/groups that don't follow his rules. So as of right now camping is out for this month and probably next due to Cuomo and covid. I will still try to get a camping/ off road trip in for next month. Once again I am sorry for anyone that was looking forward to this month, but I'm not going to put anybody, business, property, or Overland Bound at risk of getting sick, fined, or shutdown. As of right now though you can still get out and enjoy the outdoors but with your family.

Reactions: Scout