Full Size Overland Rigs

• HTML tutorial

BWSracing

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reston VA
Step one of the front end update. ARB bumper. Warn winch will be here next week and I have a LSD diff for the front end. Only 6 weeks before we leave and I still have a flatbed, on board air, fix the fridge, and about 50 other things I can’t remember at the moment.
IMG_8758.JPGIMG_8772.JPGIMG_8773.JPG

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Reactions: BWSracing

Truck Norris

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

KCMO
Member #

Here is my 16 3500 crewcab long bed. 37’s Thuren leveling kit with King shocks and my FWC Grandby. Has had a camper in it since day one. Making some changes currently. Bumper winch, air, diff, custom flatbed and various other items.

I had a 2500 crew cab ram short bed and found I needed the long bed and extra payload for towing with the camper in. I miss the ride of the 2500 but can’t argue the fact that this thing does everything I ask it to except fit in a compact parking space.

View attachment 69214
What is your actual suspension set up? I am looking at Thuren and would love to fit 37s on my 2500 but I am not sure what to buy based on there "Tech Specs". The AEV Dual Sport seems like an easier route to know you will fit without the rub.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

BWSracing

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reston VA
What is your actual suspension set up? I am looking at Thuren and would love to fit 37s on my 2500 but I am not sure what to buy based on there "Tech Specs". The AEV Dual Sport seems like an easier route to know you will fit without the rub.
I have their front springs, track bar and king shocks front and rear. I was going to order the rear leaf springs but I think they are a little soft for how much I weigh. That’s till up in the air.

Main thing to note with a 2500 is that you can fit a 35” tire in the stock spare location and it does clear the stock track bar by about a few millimeters. I ran 25,000 miles with 35” on my 2014 2500.

Dirty Ape

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Just dipped into the full-size side of things with a 2017 Titan SV. Valued the 40 20 40 front bench seat and did not go for the Pro4X version. Will be my long term camping/Overland rig...daily driver for now. Not a whole lot of aftermarket support right now, will bide my time for a rear locker option and winch bumper. Likely go with a 3” Icon Suspension lift at some point and 33” tires. Don’t want to get into sluggish performance or re-gearing. Enjoying the truck so far, just had it a couple of weeks!

Attachments

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I’m in an F350 with a Habitat Camper. When it’s just me I sleep in the truck bed on a mattress and that’s fine. When the wife and twins are along we deploy the tent and then we’re all good. I have Goose Gear shelving for my food and gear, and slides for the fridge and kitchen box. I also installed a 7 gallon Road Shower unit, which is a nice addition.

IMG_0988.JPGIMG_1166.JPG IMG_0722.JPG

kmhtrex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Member #

DrockinWV

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Morgantown, WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Parsley
Member #

Currently getting started on my overland vehicle with my 2017 F150 supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost. I live in Morgantown, WV and so far have not really came across many trials to good overlanding opportunities. However that has not stopped my in upgrading my rig and trying to find some new places to go. Just received my new tires yesterday 285 75 17 Falken Wildpeak A/TW3s. The bronze Method NV 17x8.5's will be here this week along with the Halo Lift Boss Coilovers to give me enough clearance for the new tires.

20180207_184735.jpg

20181003_153205.jpg

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Currently getting started on my overland vehicle with my 2017 F150 supercrew 2.7 Ecoboost. I live in Morgantown, WV and so far have not really came across many trials to good overlanding opportunities. However that has not stopped my in upgrading my rig and trying to find some new places to go. Just received my new tires yesterday 285 75 17 Falken Wildpeak A/TW3s. The bronze Method NV 17x8.5's will be here this week along with the Halo Lift Boss Coilovers to give me enough clearance for the new tires.

View attachment 71053

View attachment 71054
My best friend lives in Columbus and has your same truck. He loves it.

DrockinWV

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Morgantown, WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Parsley
Member #

My best friend lives in Columbus and has your same truck. He loves it.
That's great! I love mine so far, the room and comfort of it is way better than my 2015 STi was haha. I'm excited to get some mods on to see what she will do off road.

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I like those fender flares. Are those factory or after market (and which brand if so)? thx