Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
I want to love the site/service and I’m a paying member but I cannot use the site for more than a couple of clicks before I get timed out.

I posted a lot on one thread over a few weeks last year by trying repeatedly to upload pictures on the build thread. It was the most difficult process I’ve had in a long time.

I’d be happy to think it was my fault but I literally have no problem with any other forum based site that I interact with.

I develop software (video games) for a living so I’m not a total tech novice.

I don’t mean to rant but I find it virtually impossible to benefit from what appears to be a cool site with awesome community services... because the site just doesn’t seem to work for me much of the time.

I try it at home and at work on a variety of computers (and my phone) and always get the same issue. The phone works a bit better.

All the best,

Michael Fletcher

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael!

For attaching an image, do you see an "Attach files" button at the bottom of your post screen? like this:

Image 33.jpg

If you try to use that, what happens?

For "other forums", what other site do you use (one example is great)? I'll go over and take a look at how they handle image upload.

Also, a note, we limit to about 4 urls in any post, and do not recommend linking to photos from other sites for security and quality reasons. All photos should be uploaded.

Let me know!

Thanks!

M

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I want to love the site/service and I’m a paying member but I cannot use the site for more than a couple of clicks before I get timed out.

I posted a lot on one thread over a few weeks last year by trying repeatedly to upload pictures on the build thread. It was the most difficult process I’ve ever had on any website since sometime in the early 90s.

I’d be happy to think it was my fault but I literally have no problem with any other forum based site that I interact with.

I develop software (video games) for a living so I’m not a total tech novice.

I don’t mean to rant but I find it virtually impossible to benefit from what appears to be a cool site with awesome community services... because the site just doesn’t seem to work most of the time.

I try it at home and at work on a verity of computers (and my phone) and always get the same issue. The phone works a bit better.

Here’s hoping somebody on your team can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

All the best,

Michael Fletcher
I had this issue as well when I was running my laptop using windows 7 and Firefox and on Google. I found it was the built in spyware settings. I mad an exception and made it better... switching over to IOS has helped out tremendously.

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I have been able to attach files using the Attach Files button many times but... it often locks up or times me out. I started out loading a couple of pictures and it seemed fine then. Then it began to take so long the browser would time out. If I wait a day or so then I can add another photo or two... sometime.

My comparison to other sites was about stability, not functionality. The interface seems great but the performance of the feature seems unreliable. (Or I'm doing something terribly wrong. I did read all the do's and don'ts)

I did embed a YouTube link once or twice and that did end up working eventually. I just had to try several times before it worked.

If I click around the site and just read, listen or watch content it all seems to work normally. However, when I've tried to upload anything or when I try to return to see responses to uploaded pics I have a very hard time not getting timed out and booted. Then, once I've been timed out for trying to look at the thread I created I often cannot get into the site at all. I have to wait for awhile... sometimes the next day... before I can connect again.

Just wondering if that sounds familiar or if I'm doing it wrong or maybe I have something wrong with my account. Don't know. Happy to try any advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
I had this issue as well when I was running my laptop using windows 7 and Firefox and on Google. I found it was the built in spyware settings. I mad an exception and made it better... switching over to IOS has helped out tremendously.
I’ll try this and report back.

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
I use IOS at home and Window at work and can't find a spyware setting to change.

I now think that I've just put too much content in to that thread and that it times out while trying to load it.

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU

This is the thread I'm referring to.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I use IOS at home and Window at work and can't find a spyware setting to change.

I now think that I've just put too much content in to that thread and that it times out while trying to load it.
For Safari use this link to change settings
for google chrome and Firefox type “about:config”

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Man... I'ma go back & check that out! I just wanted to say that it loaded quickly for my viewing (on a Mac Book Pro running Catalina)

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Sounds like your browser settings. I run Chrome with no issues on Windows 10. I run my iPad and Safari with no issues and my Phone is an LG Android and runs fine.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Initially your thread loaded quickly until I went to the last page. The images weren't loading completely and it timed out.
After that I was not able to access the website at all from the computer I was using, it kept timing out.
After about 10 minutes it appears to be working again, but I am inclined to agree with you that your issues may be related to that thread.

I have never had a time out issue with this site on desktop, laptop, tablet or phone..

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This seems like a very particular issue. We don’t get reports of slow down at all in general. I should say not withstanding the map that is. We are working on map speed. I’m going to jump in and look at this closer this evening to see if I can figure out what’s going on. I also don’t think you’re doing anything wrong.

More soon!

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
Initially your thread loaded quickly until I went to the last page. The images were loading completely and it timed out.
After that I was not able to access the website at all from the computer I was using, it kept timing out.
After about 10 minutes it appears to be working again, but I am inclined to agree with you that your issues may be related to that thread.

I have never had a time out issue with this site on desktop, laptop, tablet or phone..
That is the behavior I typically get. It must me the thread. I've loaded too many photos or something.

Last edited:

Fletcher8969

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
This seems like a very particular issue. We don’t get reports of slow down at all in general. I should say not withstanding the map that is. We are working on map speed. I’m going to jump in and look at this closer this evening to see if I can figure out what’s going on. I also don’t think you’re doing anything wrong.

More soon!
Thanks!!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

More soon!
Hi, Michael... thought I'd mention that I have had several "slow" (like... real slow, and only a couple timed out issues) at various times throughout my surfage of the forum. And it's not been related to this thread. The times are few & far between, but they do happen from time to time.

I wish I could narrow things down & provide specifics.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi, Michael... thought I'd mention that I have had several "slow" (like... real slow, and only a couple timed out issues) at various times throughout my surfage of the forum. And it's not been related to this thread. The times are few & far between, but they do happen from time to time.

I wish I could narrow things down & provide specifics.
I have noticed this too but usually it’s when I get a notification of some kind in the middle of going from one page or another.