Launch Member

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

I recently installed the STAINLESS STEEL WATER TANK FOR PICK-UP DRAWER SYSTEM / 52L - BY FRONT RUNNER in my Isuzu DMAX, it fits perfectly behind my drawer.

I did some minor modifications to the front dispenser because, the Frontrunner connectors are bit robust and are not easy to do a quick connection. I replaced it with standard (Gardena) water hose connections and now it works perfectly. (Besides a few drops of water when connecting).

But the main issue that I discovered only afterwards is that there is actually no way to open the tank and add some cleaning tablets, for example. You only do that only once or twice a year. So there I can open the back, open one of the hoses and add some cleaning tablets.
The tank, by the way, is filled by connection a hose to your garden hose and then you can fill it up via a narrow hole

But when I fill the tank I would like to add some purification tablets to keep the water clean and drinkable for a while. That is easy in a jerrycan or tank with a big access hole. I used to work with small tablets that needed to be added per litre. So a tank of 52 litres needs 52 tablets. Problem is: they wont fit the small fill pipe. I looked for other solutions and found a liquid purifier (if that is the right word) and that has a droplet per glas of water... do the math that makes 4 droplets a litre x 52 = 208 droplets. That's a long annoying option.
Besides the droplets and maybe crushing the small purrification pills, are there any other possibilities that I can use in this particular case?

That would speed up the filling process quiet a bit.

(I contacted Frontrunner and they advised to open up the back from the drawer system, unmount the hose and fill it like that, that's ok for a yearly clean, not a regular refill with your car piled up with stuff...)

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Am I crazy for thinking something like a drop of bleach per liter?

Also, perhaps you could fashion a spoarate short piece of hose with a funnel on one end that you could attach to the tank filler. Then you could pre-mix some concentrated solution of whatever purification chemical you choose, and simply pour it into the funnel to fill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niko Caignie

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Link not working there @Tim ...... think this is what you were looking at: Puriclean, pre mix the powder and add to the tank when filling.
Thanks Nick, yes that’s the one. Having a few issues with the mobile OB Talk app right now and getting that link to work seems to be another one. Thought I’d got it sorted in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

After a quick stop at the Pharmacist I found these.

How many do you need per litre of water? Does it do the same job of cleaning the water tank or just treat the water in it at the time? If there is a difference. I’ve also heard of people using Steradent tablets but not tried it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Niko Caignie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

How many do you need per litre of water? Does it do the same job of cleaning the water tank or just treat the water in it at the time? If there is a difference. I’ve also heard of people using Steradent tablets but not tried it myself.
It just cleans the water.
It needs 1 drop per glass, so for my tank it would be 208 drops to have clean water in the tank (Glas is 250ml so 4 droplets a litre x 52 = 208 droplets). (I use a syringe (without the needle) to insert it into the hose before I fill up the tank.)
I use regular teeth cleaning tablets to clean the tank. (twice a year)

Reactions: Tim