First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
265/75-16 cooper st maxx
How do you like the tires? Once I get my suspension where I want it I plan on going up to 255/85r16 and that is one of the tires I'm looking at.

You and I actually seem to have similar tastes. I have OME MD coilovers and I really like how they ride; you might be right on the amount of lift though. I've been looking at getting Nisstec 1" spacers just for a little extra. I can't post a pic directly from the side for you though, at least not for another few months

Last edited:

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I can't post a pick directly from the side for you though, at least not for another few months.
JK, My wife hooked me up with one. It has 265/70r16s street tires on it right now since I'm away so it might not give you the full effect. She got my topper on too! I must have a winner.39569852_698711340475907_7570918472486486016_n.jpg

Enthusiast III

Ha what a wife!! Thanks for the pic. Your truck looks really great, i bet the duratraks really finish the stance.
As for the coopers, I love them! super aggressive but still have great road manners - they have been wearing well and do great in the snow. Only down side is the price ( I got these lightly used from another frontier owner on here) but well worth it if you have the coin.

Reactions: bawesomfels

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ha what a wife!! Thanks for the pic. Your truck looks really great, i bet the duratraks really finish the stance.
As for the coopers, I love them! super aggressive but still have great road manners - they have been wearing well and do great in the snow. Only down side is the price ( I got these lightly used from another frontier owner on here) but well worth it if you have the coin.
Being from Phoenix snow isn't a big problem, but it was still something I was curious about since I like to hit up Flagstaff in the winter. Once My Duratracs go I think I'll pull the trigger.

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Anyone find any good deals on Black Friday/ Cyber Monday? I ended up ordering an IMS from eXtreme Truck Performance since they dropped to $180

kootsfrontier

Rank 0

Traveler I

Glad to see some other Nissans here.
Short Version I love my Frontier. It like all vehicles has its short comings, but overall it has been the best vehicle I have owned in terms of fun and adventure.

on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kootsfrontier/

2015 PRO4X Blue
ARMOUR
Hefty Sliders
Hefty Front Aluminium Bumper
Hefty Aluminium Front and Engine Skids
ARB rear bumper

Other Exterior
Rigid Industries 20" Amber and white light bar
Warrior Winch short drum winch with Synthetic Line
Factor 55 Prolink and rear Hitch Revovry Point
LEER contractor canopy with Yakima tracks on roof

Drivetrain and Suspension
Lokka Front Locker
285 75 16 ProComp MT2
Bullydog Tuner
K&N drop in filter
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Oldman EMU front and rear

Camping
GoFSR M60 rooftop tent
GoFSR Overlander Trailer with Yakima Outdoorsman rack system
Grizzly Coolers
Camp Chef Pro60 camp stove with Gridle and BBQ box
spanishtrailoverlook by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Glad to see some other Nissans here.
Short Version I love my Frontier. It like all vehicles has its short comings, but overall it has been the best vehicle I have owned in terms of fun and adventure.

on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kootsfrontier/

2015 PRO4X Blue
ARMOUR
Hefty Sliders
Hefty Front Aluminium Bumper
Hefty Aluminium Front and Engine Skids
ARB rear bumper

Other Exterior
Rigid Industries 20" Amber and white light bar
Warrior Winch short drum winch with Synthetic Line
Factor 55 Prolink and rear Hitch Revovry Point
LEER contractor canopy with Yakima tracks on roof

Drivetrain and Suspension
Lokka Front Locker
285 75 16 ProComp MT2
Bullydog Tuner
K&N drop in filter
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Oldman EMU front and rear

Camping
GoFSR M60 rooftop tent
GoFSR Overlander Trailer with Yakima Outdoorsman rack system
Grizzly Coolers
Camp Chef Pro60 camp stove with Gridle and BBQ box
spanishtrailoverlook by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
I LOVE that color on Frontiers. Your's is pretty much what mine wishes it could be. Curious though, for your rear OME suspension, did you go with the MD or HD leaf pack?

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I wouldn't say I need a "safe space" but.... Here is mine.

2011 Frontier Pro-4x.

Hefty fab Aluminum skids, sliders
M205 front diff,
Titan swapped with Tundra 5100's, 4 runner springs and custom top hats,
AAL in the rear
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs,
Wam! winch mount with a 9000lb Engo winch.

I've got a bunch of other tidbits, but, that's the bulk of it.

(Mall crawler pic...... )

kootsfrontier

Rank 0

Traveler I

I LOVE that color on Frontiers. Your's is pretty much what mine wishes it could be. Curious though, for your rear OME suspension, did you go with the MD or HD leaf pack?
I went with Medium duty front and rear. My front bumper and short drum winch weighs less together then an ARB front bumper. On the rear the medium duty handle loads really well, I have thought about adding the HD helper spring, but rarely do I squat when loaded up for camping. Sometimes with 2/3 of a yard of dirt or gravel yeah she squats

kootsfrontier

Rank 0

Traveler I

I wouldn't say I need a "safe space" but.... Here is mine.

2011 Frontier Pro-4x.

Hefty fab Aluminum skids, sliders
M205 front diff,
Titan swapped with Tundra 5100's, 4 runner springs and custom top hats,
AAL in the rear
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs,
Wam! winch mount with a 9000lb Engo winch.

I've got a bunch of other tidbits, but, that's the bulk of it.

(Mall crawler pic...... )

I am toying with the idea of the Titan swap, maybe this Feb I will do that.

Reactions: The other Sean

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I went with Medium duty front and rear. My front bumper and short drum winch weighs less together then an ARB front bumper. On the rear the medium duty handle loads really well, I have thought about adding the HD helper spring, but rarely do I squat when loaded up for camping. Sometimes with 2/3 of a yard of dirt or gravel yeah she squats
Looks like I'll have to do some recalculating. I was thinking about switching my front to HD to accommodate for my Wam hidden wincher and 9500lb winch and using HD in the rear for shell and roof rack, but if you're having luck with MD that might be the way to go. Although I also have full steel skids so that's more weight... I can never seem to decide on anything.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I am toying with the idea of the Titan swap, maybe this Feb I will do that.
My only complaint about the titan swap is how far your tires stick out. Without large front mud flaps, forget about having a clean truck. But, the ride and wheel travel is AMAZING. I've driven my friend's truck with SPC and radflos (frontier length stuff) and I prefer my truck off road.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
My only complaint about the titan swap is how far your tires stick out. Without large front mud flaps, forget about having a clean truck. But, the ride and wheel travel is AMAZING. I've driven my friend's truck with SPC and radflos (frontier length stuff) and I prefer my truck off road.
The extra width has kept me from Titan swapping so far. I'm considering going with 295/75/16s and trimming.

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Just replaced My 97 Jeep XJ with a 2010 Frontier SE CC 4x4 with 6sp Manual. Still getting used to the size and do not have any real photos of it yet. Mostly Stock. Has a cap on the back. I got very tired of lifting my Plano boxes off the Jeeps roof rack.

thoughts for moving forward in no order and only ideas not plans.
  • slide out kitchen.
  • Pop up truck camper
  • rack for canoe(s)
  • comms (hamm eventually)
My son and wife are very happy with the modern amenities like power windows, more seat room and an air conditioner that blows like the artic and a key fob so they do not have to stand by the door.

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
an air conditioner that blows like the artic.
I feel this on a personal level. I had a 2000 XJ and the A/C never worked correctly. The first test drive in my 2013 Frontier was almost magical since I actually felt cold.

Reactions: JimInBC

Enthusiast I

Eastern Idaho
First Name
James
Last Name
D
Need some gen 1 love. I picked this up for 5k and have been working on it the last month and a half or so. Did the timing belt, accessory belts, cam and crank seals, fluids, and fixed a leaky A/C. I need to do some exhaust work and then I get to do some fun stuff like a bed drawer build and a suspension overhaul.

I use it mostly as a hauler to trailheads and fishing lakes, puttering down forest roads around the west.IMG_20190608_153807.jpeg

Shaker69

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Clarita, CA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Perral
Member #

Just replaced My 97 Jeep XJ with a 2010 Frontier SE CC 4x4 with 6sp Manual. Still getting used to the size and do not have any real photos of it yet. Mostly Stock. Has a cap on the back. I got very tired of lifting my Plano boxes off the Jeeps roof rack.

thoughts for moving forward in no order and only ideas not plans.
  • slide out kitchen.
  • Pop up truck camper
  • rack for canoe(s)
  • comms (hamm eventually)
My son and wife are very happy with the modern amenities like power windows, more seat room and an air conditioner that blows like the artic and a key fob so they do not have to stand by the door.
I have the same year and model! I love this truck!20190727_003044.jpg