Contributor II

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Corne
Last Name
Smal
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3PFZ
Hi there, I'm looking to do the same setup and was wondering which length bolts you used to mount the slide to the yakima rails?

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Hi there, I'm looking to do the same setup and was wondering which length bolts you used to mount the slide to the yakima rails?
I used this bolt kit:

RunningRoundHairOnFire

Rank II

Contributor II

Arizona, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Brice
Member #

Back into the swing of things. I have rails from Amazon however, Decked doesn't give up screw types or sizes. I was thinking of doing rivnut on both end pieces with 1/4-20 and flat head phillips to fill. Then, need to figure IceCo slide on top of the rails. I do like the tilt slides at AC.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Back into the swing of things. I have rails from Amazon however, Decked doesn't give up screw types or sizes. I was thinking of doing rivnut on both end pieces with 1/4-20 and flat head phillips to fill. Then, need to figure IceCo slide on top of the rails. I do like the tilt slides at AC.
The bolt size and length depend on what you're mounting to the Decked platform, so Decked would have no clue what to tell you to use as there's no one-size-fits-all bolt. I want to say the Decked platform is around 1/2" thick, when I mounted my AluCab tilt slide to my Decked I was able to use the nuts and bolts that came with it (I didn't have tracks/rails) and they worked fine. There is ribbing and there are metal cross braces under the Decked platform (Not sure if you installed your Decked or if someone did it for you), you may know this already. I wouldn't use screws to mount anything to the Decked platform, bolts and locknuts/lock washers only. Takes just a few minutes to unbolt each side of the Decked and then you'll be able to find out where and where not to drill your holes a lot easier, plus you'll need access to the underside in order to get the nuts on anyway.

RunningRoundHairOnFire

Rank II

Contributor II

Arizona, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Brice
Member #

I should back up, or restate. The T Tracks at Decked are sold out; I’m assuming they sell everything to mount them to their drawers. They have detailed instructions, but they just say “pan head screw”, and “flat screw”. Anyways, I’ve bought 1” pan heads and flat heads to fill between. Then, the fridge slide will go on top of these, and I won’t be married to the fridge slide being mounted on the Decked platform if I don’t like it. I imagine the metal supports are 1/2” or 5/8 x 2” or so?