Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Went out on another adventure and decided to start posting these here instead of just on my build thread! If your in the UK or back stateside lemme know if you have any questions!

Album

Last edited:

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

@ttephotos - link doesn't seem to be working ??

Love laning in the Lakes, there's some great tracks and the scenery is superb. One of the few places in the UK that I can honestly say I know most of the tracks inside out and backwards.
Not only that, Cumbria are one of the few County Councils that put some effort into helping sustainable use by the development of their Hierarchy of Trails website.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

@ttephotos - link doesn't seem to be working ??

Love laning in the Lakes, there's some great tracks and the scenery is superb. One of the few places in the UK that I can honestly say I know most of the tracks inside out and backwards.
Not only that, Cumbria are one of the few County Councils that put some effort into helping sustainable use by the development of their Hierarchy of Trails website.
Fixed! Really want to run the one lane down through the valley but permits sell out almost instantly it seems

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Fixed! Really want to run the one lane down through the valley but permits sell out almost instantly it seems
Guess you're talking about Gatescarth Pass.
Some pretty strict rules about driving it - the 130, for example won't be going - 100" wheelbase rule as part of the TRO.

Bit late, but be wary of wild camping in the Lake District, not strictly allowed - the rules are aimed at single tent back packers, not groups of vehicles.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Guess you're talking about Gatescarth Pass.
Some pretty strict rules about driving it - the 130, for example won't be going - 100" wheelbase rule as part of the TRO.

Bit late, but be wary of wild camping in the Lake District, not strictly allowed - the rules are aimed at single tent back packers, not groups of vehicles.
Ya am aware that wild camping is kinda a do it at your own risk deal here in the UK but it seems that as long as your not as ass and your follow the leave no trace rule no one bothers or is upset about you camping 99% of the time.

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Looks like an awesome adventure, looking forward to doing some laning and wild camping in the lakes, Helps that we are moving to cumbria early this year! do you have a route that you followed finding all those lanes?

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Wow! Hitting this album link is 100% worth it! Cool story to read and really (really) beautiful pictures. Thanks for the wikiloc link, i will follow you there in case i can hit those trails some day. Thanks ttephotos. Cheers! :)