• HTML tutorial

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Lol you're right, I couldn't get a great picture of it last night

I know the fog lights are aimable, I'd be surprised if the normal lights weren't.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Lol you're right, I couldn't get a great picture of it last night

I know the fog lights are aimable, I'd be surprised if the normal lights weren't.
Thanks @odingrey, No Fair you have the HID's!

So I peeked under the hood and was able to find a leveling screw that raises/lowers the headlight assembly. I gave that couple turns counter-clockwise to lower angle. Hope that helps...

Im thinking of adding yellow Lamin-x films to my foglights. i want to break up all white light and clear lenses with some contrast.

Reactions: odingrey

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks @odingrey, No Fair you have the HID's!

So I peeked under the hood and was able to find a leveling screw that raises/lowers the headlight assembly. I gave that couple turns counter-clockwise to lower angle. Hope that helps...

Im thinking of adding yellow Lamin-x films to my foglights. i want to break up all white light and clear lenses with some contrast.
Unfortunately LEDs are known for being 'sloppy' with the light they throw in reflector housings. Glaring to oncoming drivers and a relatively short throw as compared to even halogens. Don't get me wrong I love LEDs and swapped my first bulb back in 2001 but for me the current design just doesn't cut it in forward lighting retrofits. Especially reflector housings.

I use yellow LaminX on my fogs but I also run 2500k bulbs. I run that temp specifically for fog and contrast on wet roads. The laminx is purely to protect the giant lenses from damage.

Reactions: krzyboy2o

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hey all,

It been awhile since I've done anything to the XT. The weather in cali hasn't been pretty lately.

The past few days I've been hearing a knocking/clanking sound. The sound is intermittent and usually comes at slow speeds when breaking, over bumps or entering driveways (maybe a flexing issue).

My assumption is that it's originating somewhere in the suspension. So today I did a visual inspection trying to fine the culprit with a quick crawl under the vehicle. Here's what I checked with no luck.

- rear endlinks
- rear sway bar
- shock mounts
- springs
- control arms
Any ideas??

On a side note, I found a small leak. Might just need to replace the crush washer or change the plug to a fumoto valve.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

After looking at the pic I don't think that's the oil drain plug.
Some one please correct me. Looks like the the gasket needs to be replaced.

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Thanks Odin!

I'll check that converter case star screw when I get home.

Currently in your neck of the woods for my boy's bball practice.

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

It started raining again when I got home...

Today I tried to fine the knocking sound but no luck. Checked the spare tire bay too.. nothing.

however there's a squeak emanating from the driver end link. I could just take a socket wrench and tighten it but I don't want to alter the torque setting. Might just have to bring it in....

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Haven't done anything yet. Gonna have @mann check it out when I bring it for an oil change.

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Have you been to the new Subaru dealership in Fremont? Premier Subaru? I'm heading there tomorrow to have them look at an issue with my transmission sometimes squealing and raising rpms for a few seconds.

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

So far so good, was having some transmission issues, turns out it's busted and they are swapping it out with a new one. Will report back once it's finished, hopefully it's all good.

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Summer is around the corner! Back to the build. Been a while since I last posted. Between business trips, deploying a global service at work and the fam I can continue on my overland build.

New items:
Bosch Icon wipers
Costco front seat covers
Torco fluids

To do's:
Wire the light bar
Check out hollister hills
Yosemite trip

@odingrey how's the Forester running? Did the tranny repair go as planned?