Food & Water

• HTML tutorial

Comanche

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Goodyear, Arizona
Member #

I just bought a Dometic CFX40US from Hayneedle.com for $530 with free shipping and no tax. I have been wanting a fridge for a long time and went with the Dometic because it was considerably less than the ARB.
One quick note that Dometic now uses their own compressor instead of the Danfoss. The book that came with it has has the amperage draw at 7ah when running on 12 volt.
Not real sure what that means for real world use yet.

Reactions: IronPercheron

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

I bought a cheap 12v fridge in the UK (£90) as I could not justify £800 plus on an engle or similar given how much I had already spend preparing for my recent trip to the spanish pyrenees. It worked a treat and kept the beer cold, as well as the various meats we had for the BBQ. For water, I use the Life saver Jerry can which includes a filter to ensure I only get clean water. It came with the shower attachment. I also use a food saver and an excaliber dehydrator to ensure I maximise space, weight & convenience. douche-voor-lifesaver-jerrycan.jpg.png

Reactions: Winterpeg

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Ok, that life saver jerry can is pretty dang cool!

The fridge lineup is rediculous, so many options out there for us today.

My travels only require a good cooler thankfully, so i can save my money for now.

But one day i will have an engel