Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@jordanbrooks The reviews are mixed but overall people seem pleased with it.
They also have a bamboo version that looks pretty sharp. The challenge would be finding flat ground to deploy it on in some areas of the country.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

my parents bought one of these at least 18 years ago and its still alive. Lost a few nuts and bolts along the way but its survived. It's been unofficially passed down to me and i'll give it a few more years before I'd need to replace it. I'd recommend it. Mine is a nice green color

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

And then there is budget friendly plastic
My Sister and Brother-in-Law bought the plastic one a few years back and it was only used a few time before it broke. I would buy the wood table if I had a choice, you can stain it or paint it!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

None of the links in this thread and many others are NOT showing for me...
Yep, me too. Anytime anyone posts a link as an Amazon MEDIA tag, the post is just blank. I'm not seeing it on a Mac using Safari,and on my iPad. Are you using Safari @Mike G ?

You can find the item linked. You just have to quote the blank post, and it will show you the Amazon item number. Copy it and then go to Amazon. Then paste it in Amazon's search box. Sort of a PITA, but the only way I've got it to work.

Any way to fix this, @Michael ?

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Yep, me too. Anytime anyone posts a link as an Amazon MEDIA tag, the post is just blank. I'm not seeing it on a Mac using Safari,and on my iPad. Are you using Safari @Mike G ?

You can find the item linked. You just have to quote the blank post, and it will show you the Amazon item number. Copy it and then go to Amazon. Then paste it in Amazon's search box. Sort of a PITA, but the only way I've got it to work.

Any way to fix this, @Michael ?

@Steve Using Microsoft Explorer, that's odd that you cant see the link in Safari.

Brooke_Cances

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'd like to see an actual photo of one of these things being used. Can it hold four adults? How much pressure/weight can the top handle? I'm curious too becuase we are always looking for lightweight things to pack for camping trips.

nudavinci64

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Mateo, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Shopshear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KM6LUN GMRS: WRJN599
Make sure you pick one that supports adults. I have a couple with sports teams on them and an adult "COULD" sit on them but they appear to be more oriented to kids rather than adults. I know there are some larger ones that adults can use but would be limited on weight. Pretty slick none the less.

nudavinci64

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Mateo, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Shopshear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KM6LUN GMRS: WRJN599
Make sure you pick one that supports adults. I have a couple with sports teams on them and an adult "COULD" sit on them but they appear to be more oriented to kids rather than adults. I know there are some larger ones that adults can use but would be limited on weight. Pretty slick none the less.
I have the same sports ones, I could fit adults but I always worry they will break. I keep them more for kids now.

Reactions: TWT