Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I have a couple of LED Surefire G2's and an E2D left over from patrol. They use the same CR123A that my weapon lights (TLR-1) uses and my red dot. I like having common parts, especially with batteries since there are so many variations. My gripe is that my nice on sale headlamp uses AAA batteries, even though I have Surefire lights I'm not dropping the coin needed for their headlamp. Before they were a required purchase and was written off on my taxes, now it's just something nice to have. I carried the regular bulb E2D because it lit up dark rooms better, I carried the G2 it punched light through deep tint better (traffic stops at night). I also carried four extra batteries in a case in a cargo pocket and an extra bulb for the E2D in my patrol bag.

With that said, I've been very unkind to my lights and they have held up well, the E2D is a bit over 10 years old now, as is one of my G2s. You used to be able to pick them up cheap with sales on LA Police Gear. I picked up the G2s for around $30. One rides in the MOLLE webbing on my visor cover today.

View attachment 1051
Liking you cab set up BnT

Reactions: WUzombies

jhewitt03

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

29 palms CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hewitt
Hello. My name is Mike and I am a flashlightaholic. I've got a few streamlights, nitecores, a fenix, and old maglites stuffed into every conceivable bag and container I interact with. I just picked up a new truck that I am outfitting. I am trying to decide on a rechargable that I can mount and wire on the trans tunnel in the front of the truck. I've got a fair amount of room, so I am more focused on getting the best performance out of a light that will play well living on a vehicle charging system. I have considered everything from the monster Pelican 9410l to the Streamlight Ultra Stinger or the Fenix RC20. I've already learned about a lot of great lights just from reading this thread, so I thought I'd ask for the thoughts of you fine people. What light/charger should I mount in my truck?
Hey mike same I am also to obsessed with flashlights lol but I'd go with any of the bigger Olights personally the M2 warrior is my favorite look it up on youtube they literally shoot it with 00 buck and it still stays on [emoji23] plus it pushes out around 1050 lumens with some crazy amount of candela so the throw is pretty good as well

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Mountain.Mike

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

LED LENSER M7R. Smart charger in the console keeps it ready to go and it's right where I can grab it... Knowing that it will work when I need it no matter how long it's been sitting unused is peace of mind. Throws an incredible amount of light and is easily focused for close up or distance. Parent company is Leatherman here in the PDX.

ConsoleVault.jpg

LEDLenser.jpg

Reactions: Mountain.Mike

Tw0leftskis

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South OC
Member #

Should check out the Flash Torch. Wicked Laser the supplier. Flash light could start a fire. Claimed 4100 lumen, has lithium ion batteries.

TAF_Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lacey, Wa.
Member #

Best light I've owned is my Olight S2R Baton. Spent 4 hours exploring caves and it was still going strong at the end. USB rechargeable and the tailcap is magnetic.