FLASHLIGHTS

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Looking for a good pencil flashlight that I can keep in a suit jacket pocket. Since I work at a bank knives are a no no, but I'd like to have something that I could beat someone with if need be. Any recommendations?

squishware

Rank III

Advocate II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
batman
Last Name
jones

Business end of the 9P and My Zebralight Headlamp. It takes 1 cr123 battery and provides a floody 120 degree 200 lumen beam. Great for lighting workspace.

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

I got this streamlight microstream for Every day carry. I use it all the time. Its just the right size to carry all the time and bright enough for most tasks.

I keep a surefire g2x around too

I have a bunch of burshnell flashlights that are really nice. I have them stashed all over and in different gear bags.

Reactions: Road

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

Surefire pistol light, Nitecore 1 AA battery (daily carry), Inforce WML, and a streamlight. I'm not a light snob, by any means; but the surefire is the only one I trust with my life. The nitecore is nice for daily carry as AA are cheap and it isn't obnoxious bright but it still throws some light. The Inforce is nice because it's light and ambidextrous, but I'm still testing out it's durability.

As for the streamlight, I have some strong feelings against them. I would not trust my life to any of their products. But as much as I don't like them it's the light I use the most because of work.

20161218_102734-1.jpg 20161218_102713-1.jpg 20161218_125956-1.jpg 20161218_102929-1.jpg

Reactions: Kirk T

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I have a bunch of streamlights also. The TLR-1 HL on my glock 19 or my Jack Carbine work a little too well.. very bright for a weapon light. I have that inforce WML, which has amazing ergo, but not as durable as I would like.

I keep a LX2 Lumamax, and older surefile in the Rover. Its amazingly bright.

But honestly my favorite light is the one that I always have on me. A cheap little Streamlight ProTac 1AAA. You put a lithium AAA batt in it and it lasts forever, but has 3 modes, Bright, Strobe and Dim. I use dim all the time. Its perfect. The clip is great, you can clip it on your hat bill if you want. Smooth enough to not rough up your pants (i dont need tactical sand paper or defensive sharp on my EDC light).

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

I use my trusty 3 cell (AA) LED Mag-light. Its not the brightest light out there by any means but she bearley eats up the batteries and is built like a tank. I refuse to buy a new light for camping. I have other flashlights that are 3-4 times brighter but I wont use them camping due to battery life.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

I have a Knuckle head for the rear passenger and general maintenance/repairs and then 2 x Strion each bolted to the seat frame for the front passenger and drivers.

20161231_213726.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don Meredith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC
Member #

I got this one for Christmas. You can charge via USB and use it to charge devices if you want. The beam adjusts from beam to flood. The head can pivot to be an inline or 90 degree light (4 positions total).

Flashlight 1.JPG

Flashlight 2.JPG

Reactions: F4T XJ

Jaydub514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

Currently carry a Nitecore TIP CRI on my keys...amazing how far we've come with technology! I've got a few others scattered around the house but the Nitecore is always with me since it's right there on the key ring. The USB charging feature is super convenient and this thing gets surprisingly bright.

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

I've just purchased a shadowhawk r800, It's pretty sweet ! Full LED set up, extremely bright and when fully zoomed in, it can hit a fair distances away. All for £20 posted.

I've used Gorilla Grips to hold it in the truck for those moments I'm gonna need it most :0)