Fj40 Coilover conversion

• HTML tutorial

AventureBL

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone
(I’m not sure if im posting this in the right forum section, so feel free to let me know if I should take this somewhere else)

I am building a 71 Toyota Land Cruiser, and I’ve seen many pictures of these rigs with coilovers, yet I cannot seem to find any kits online. I was wondering if anyone had done this with a kit, or knows what it would take to fabricate my own. I have the tools to do it, I’d just rather buy a kit that is vehicle specific.

Im looking for about a 2-2.5” lift, so I can run 35’s. (I have body spacers as well)

Thanks for the help in advance, everyone.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

If you can’t find someone who specifically does this Maybe talk to John at Poly Performance, they build a lot of cool stuff there. He was great to deal with when I was putting my Tacoma suspension together. I didn’t do anything crazy with mine, but he was able to get everything I needed including custom length shocks since I wasn’t doing a kit. Their sister company synergy, manufacturers builder parts like brackets etc and I’ve seen pictures of the latest trophy truck he helped a guy source parts for and it was pretty amazing. He could at least be a good source for information.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: AventureBL

AventureBL

Rank 0

Traveler I

If you can’t find someone who specifically does this Maybe talk to John at Poly Performance, they build a lot of cool stuff there. He was great to deal with when I was putting my Tacoma suspension together. I didn’t do anything crazy with mine, but he was able to get everything I needed including custom length shocks since I wasn’t doing a kit. Their sister company synergy, manufacturers builder parts like brackets etc and I’ve seen pictures of the latest trophy truck he helped a guy source parts for and it was pretty amazing. He could at least be a good source for information.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thank you for the advise. Poly performance is local to me, so I’ll see what they can do.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Not offhand, you may have better luck on ih8mud or pirate to see what other's have done.

I don't know what your background is or what your intentions with the build are, but linking a vehicle for a 2-inch lift sounds like a lot of work. Either way, Mudrak in Sonoma or Valley Hybrids in Sacramento are shops that come to mind, may be worth giving them a call. The market for FJ40 link kits is probably quite small and most people undertaking that are likely fabricating their suspension to suit their individual needs. If you want an engineered kit I know folks will repurpose long-arm kits from Wranglers onto other vehicles, it's going to be a crapshoot with the geometry though. Linking vintage vehicles without turning them into monsters is an art, there's often not a lot of room under there to work with. Hope that helps.

Reactions: AventureBL