Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Those element extinguishers are interesting. Added to my shopping list.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
We use those same mounts on our fire engines and trucks but in a rollover they may not hold very well. Nothing holds the extinguisher from sliding up and out of the mount.
The ones I use have rubber 4 "buttons" on each arm for a total of 16 plus the 2 big heavy rubber straps. If you bend the metal arms to fit the extinguisher correctly and pull the straps nice and tight if the extingusiher comes loose it will be the least of your worries.

I've never in 25 years had one even be a little loose so I'm happy with them.

augenholz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Boppard, Germany
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Holz
Member #

Es gehört alles von der Größe des richtigen ab. In Europa müssen einige Länder einen Feuerlöscher in einem Geländewagen haben.

.Jeep_2020_LOGO_4.jpg

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Every several months you should take your extinguisher out of the bracket and shake it to shake up the power inside. Constant vibration the powder settles and compacts and the extinguisher will not work properly.
On another note, Halon fire extinguishers ONLY WORK IN A CLOSED COMPARTMENT. Like the closed engine compartment in a boat. You would shut the blowers off an trigger the halon. It takes the oxygen out of the air so the fire goes out. If it was used in a cabin of a truck all the windows and doors would have to be shut. Engine fire keep the hood shut. Halon should never be used in a compartment like a trailer where people are. They will not work out in the open.

Reactions: augenholz

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Has anyone ever used an Element E50 extinguisher on a fire? I'm curious as to how well they work.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Has anyone ever used an Element E50 extinguisher on a fire? I'm curious as to how well they work.
I carry one in my truck, but have never used one. In fact a friend and I are considering buying a spare so that we both have an opportunity to try it and see how it performs on a real fire.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1