Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I know you have alot on your plate but just wanted to see if my swag was in that last batch as well?

Wayne11B

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Sumner, Pierce County, Washington, United States
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Service Branch
Veteran/Army
Got back from 11 days in Hawaii hoping that by now I would see my patch and sticker in the mail. I am pretty much giving up on getting them. I know there is a lot going on that's keeping you guys busy with the site and such. But one would think there is someone who is working full time to see that everyone is taken care of with this issue.

LandyR3

Rank VII
Investor

Inventor II

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
UHF - Australia
It is a Joke Wayne. I understand they are busy but the lack of communication is disgraceful and absolutely disrespectful. How are we supposed to grow the community when investors are not communicated with.

It’s been near on a year since I pledged my support and put money on the table and I can count the communications form @Michael and @Corrie on one hand.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Being an entrepreneur is tough, grinding work. Product development, finances, regulatory, vendor management, personnel - all typically functions handled by „departments“ are handled by the owners. They’re not hiring staff to do this, and call us, because that eats away at the money they put back into the organization - back into us. Our community is growing so fast that @Michael and @Corrie might be just a bit behind the curve. But if you believe in OB enough to put money on the table, then you have to believe they’ll take care of us.

I invested $20k in Apple. Tim Cook didn’t call me either.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi everyone,

I do understand the frustration!

Let me provide an update here. The fulfillment of perks has been far more manual than originally anticipated, and indeed taking far too long. I do apologize for that. Each and every perk will be fulfilled, and it will be of the highest quality or we will make it right. Also, each of you is held in the highest regard, and we appreciate your investment and faith more than I can express in words.

The issue is mostly due to insuring accuracy of each perk. We had originally thought that the survey sent would provide all the information needed to reconcile both members and non member investors, and what level of perk to issue. Whether an investor had an emblem and needed duplicates, needed a new number issued, etc. Guess what? It did not.

With patch and emblem manufacturing errors, and with form errors or no form submitted, the process has become one of each perk being a bespoke fulfillment in order to get it right. We do also have a bandwidth issue no doubt! Corrie and I do all the fulfillment, and have to balance many obligations.

My primary fiduciary responsibility to investors is to sell software. That is the only way Overland Bound remains strong, I make a return on your investment, and we get to continue to do our good work, and grow and support our community. There are many things behind the scenes as @NotGumby mentioned that I must do as a priority, and even when I can get away for a cinematic adventure on YouTube, please keep in mind this is me doing my job selling software. YouTube is an acquisition funnel, and it is our best channel in terms of selling our product. Because of these primary obligations, I cannot take a block of 5 days to just bang this out - I have to do a little each day.

We are working through this, and our kitchen table is an investor perk fulfillment station for the time being. I work from the home office, and in order to be able to work on this in between other priorities, It's right next to me.

Rest assured, it will not be forever. We are getting this done ASAP.

M

Emtmark

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

South Bay Area California
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6flm
Hi everyone,

Let me provide an update here. The fulfillment of perks has been far more manual than originally anticipated, and indeed taking far too long. I do apologize for that. Each and every perk will be fulfilled, and it will be of the highest quality or we will make it right. Also, each of you is held in the highest regard, and we appreciate your investment and faith more than I can express in words.

The issue is mostly due to insuring accuracy of each perk. We had originally thought that the survey sent would provide all the information needed to reconcile both members and non member investors, and what level of perk to issue. Whether an investor had an emblem and needed duplicates, needed a new number issued, etc. Guess what? It did not.

With patch and emblem manufacturing errors, and with form errors or no form submitted, the process has become one of each perk being a bespoke fulfillment in order to get it right. We do also have a bandwidth issue no doubt! Corrie and I do all the fulfillment, and have to balance many obligations.

My primary fiduciary responsibility to investors is to sell software. That is the only way Overland Bound remains strong, I make a return on your investment, and we get to continue to do our good work, and grow and support our community. There are many things behind the scenes as @NotGumby mentioned that I must do as a priority, and even when I can get away for a cinematic adventure on YouTube, please keep in mind this is me doing my job selling software. YouTube is an acquisition funnel, and it is our best channel in terms of selling our product. Because of these primary obligations, I cannot take a block of 5 days to just bang this out - I have to do a little each day.

We are working through this, and our kitchen table is an investor perk fulfillment station for the time being. I work from the home office, and in order to be able to work on this in between other priorities, It's right next to me.

M
I’m starting to wonder if Overland bound was truly ready for prime time.
The Internet is littered with the hopes and dreams Of the well-intentioned that for whatever reason could not deliver. Investors or people who want to be part of your dream I believe in your dream and it’s an absolute gut punch to hear your dream to buy into your dream and then to be seemingly abandoned. You must keep up the flow of communication. For once dreamers give up on a dream they never go back.

• Wow
Reactions: Sylvester

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The Internet is littered with the hopes and dreams Of the well-intentioned that for whatever reason could not deliver. Investors or people who want to be part of your dream I believe in your dream and it’s an absolute gut punch to hear your dream to buy into your dream and then to be seemingly abandoned. You must keep up the flow of communication. For once dreamers give up on a dream they never go back.
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your thoughts! They are very much appreciated. The community is certainly not abandoned! I am interested to hear your thoughts on expectations around communication if you feel I've fallen short. I am truly unaware, and mean no harm or disrespect.

Thank you!

Reactions: Sylvester

Emtmark

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

South Bay Area California
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6flm
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your thoughts! They are very much appreciated. The community is certainly not abandoned! I am interested to hear your thoughts on expectations around communication if you feel I've fallen short. I am truly unaware, and mean no harm or disrespect.

Thank you!
It’s not so much of a you issue as it is a feeling of the whole. I know that unless I go looking or send my own emails I haven’t gotten but two or three emails in the last year. You’ve acknowledged the frustration as a given for both yourself and the investor. However each individual has varying levels of frustration, and we all have our limits of understanding and grace. I can see why folks are getting grumpy about the delays, issues, problems, etc. While I can not speak for others not having a regular updates can trigger the anxiety that comes with being burned before. While you cannot email each one of us as a practical matter. Keeping track of those who haven’t received their packages would go a long way towards keeping us all in the loop. I don’t regularly check the app or the forum and invested as a way to promote stewardship and care of our offroad trails dwindle. The stuff is meaningful in that I can show, share, start conversations with others as a way to promote those same goals. Having taken the step to be the ONE unifying presence in the overland sphere we look forward to OB taking the next level step to being a world player!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Hi everyone,

M
As an investor myself I really appreciate you focusing on the software and product. The swag is nice but not the primary reason I chose to invest.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It’s not so much of a you issue as it is a feeling of the whole. I know that unless I go looking or send my own emails I haven’t gotten but two or three emails in the last year. You’ve acknowledged the frustration as a given for both yourself and the investor. However each individual has varying levels of frustration, and we all have our limits of understanding and grace. I can see why folks are getting grumpy about the delays, issues, problems, etc. While I can not speak for others not having a regular updates can trigger the anxiety that comes with being burned before. While you cannot email each one of us as a practical matter. Keeping track of those who haven’t received their packages would go a long way towards keeping us all in the loop. I don’t regularly check the app or the forum and invested as a way to promote stewardship and care of our offroad trails dwindle. The stuff is meaningful in that I can show, share, start conversations with others as a way to promote those same goals. Having taken the step to be the ONE unifying presence in the overland sphere we look forward to OB taking the next level step to being a world player!
For comms, please let me know if there is anything further I can do. We are certainly tracking perk packages and marking each one done as they are fulfilled. It's a very time-consuming process as mentioned, but very closely tracked. Please also know you can always write a direct message to me and I will respond. I don't always catch @mentions but I do respond to every direct message I receive.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Is there an update on the perks? It’s been a while and I am still waiting for the swag.

DavidL

Rank IV
Mod Team

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
L
Member #

Is there an update on the perks? It’s been a while and I am still waiting for the swag.
Yes. The perks are being processed. It has taken much longer than intended. I will find out tomorrow exactly how much longer it will be.

Reactions: LandyR3

LandyR3

Rank VII
Investor

Inventor II

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
UHF - Australia
Yes. The perks are being processed. It has taken much longer than intended. I will find out tomorrow exactly how much longer it will be.
Perfect David.
Will you confirm my address with me before shipping please as Ive moved to Australia since.

Reactions: DavidL