Fall means overland vehicles in town...

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

cool road rig, is there an overland event near you that draws them in?

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
cool road rig, is there an overland event near you that draws them in?
Nope, I live in Kingman Az, RT66 and I40 run through town, so we see everyone traveling east and west we see a lot of people from Europe who want to travel RT 66 and stop in either Kingman or Seligman (about 2 hrs east) we see cyclists, overland rigs, and all kinds of groups roll through town. This is the best time of year to make the trip.

E

expeditionnorth

Nope, I live in Kingman Az, RT66 and I40 run through town, so we see everyone traveling east and west we see a lot of people from Europe who want to travel RT 66 and stop in either Kingman or Seligman (about 2 hrs east) we see cyclists, overland rigs, and all kinds of groups roll through town. This is the best time of year to make the trip.
I could only imagine the heat is not as bad that time of year

I lived in glendale az for a few months one summer, no thanks

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
I could only imagine the heat is not as bad that time of year

I lived in glendale az for a few months one summer, no thanks
It's really not bad here throughout the summer, maybe a week of 100 degrees, most of the time its around 95. Kingman is at 3500ft we also have a good breeze throughout the summer, were places like Bullhead and Lake Havasu are 500ft and have little air movement, they see temps in the summer of 115-120 from June through September.

Reactions: Kelly
E

expeditionnorth

It's really not bad here throughout the summer, maybe a week of 100 degrees, most of the time its around 95. Kingman is at 3500ft we also have a good breeze throughout the summer, were places like Bullhead and Lake Havasu are 500ft and have little air movement, they see temps in the summer of 115-120 from June through September.
coming from VT where the high is 70 to a 95*+ climate was a shock to the system

anything above 70 & I seek air conditioning

Reactions: BeardedOverland