Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
you dont have running water living in your moms basement? that's harsh, dude! now how am supposed to enjoy my wine knowing youre all alone in a dark basement with no water?
Grub, you cant fix stupid, it begins at birth and follows you all the way to your grave ! Looks like your getting low on spam :fearscream:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Having an equipped or modded 4x4 does not make you a snob. Saying your not really capable of overlanding unless you have this doesnt make you snob however maybe misinformed . Now if someone to recommend or suggest modification or a certain gear then that's just sharing information and I welcome it. I like to talk shop

A sign of snobbery cuts both ways. The guy who who cooks a gourmet meal using nothing but a bic lighter and a piece of tinfoil may shake his head at the skottle your using to heat left over mac and cheese, or vice versa guy has a 1500 kitchen set up looks at the caveman eating beans out of a can. But to be honest I dont usually run into snobbery of any kind . If I did I'm glad to get it out of the way quickly because I would hate to waste my time on such an opinionated douche. Maybe I haven't noticed due to the vibe someone may give off, lol maybe not a snob just jerk period.

Bottom line it doesnt matter what you drive as long as it gets you to and from where you want to go safely capable of managing the terrain you seek without destroying it. If someone is snob then there kind of a dick anyway and you dont need that in you life
stoner, you nailed it.... so well said !!!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I just googled potted meat...yeah, it pretty much is dog food.

Any eats is better than no eats, I guess lol
Down here in the SW USA we eat a lot of Chorizo in our scrambled eggs. That is until I recently read the ingrediencies
and stopped eating it. It's a very desirable Mexican flavor for their Burritos made with egg and potatoes.

GUTB

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas, TX
First Name
Super
Last Name
Genius
On the topic of food while overlanding. Is it really that critical that you have to pull a kitcken with you? What's wrong with MREs or a camping stove? I do understand having a fridge / cooler. Thinking about it I would much rather have a porta potty than a kitchen with sink.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
On the topic of food while overlanding. Is it really that critical that you have to pull a kitcken with you? What's wrong with MREs or a camping stove? I do understand having a fridge / cooler. Thinking about it I would much rather have a porta potty than a kitchen with sink.
Eating premade C.R.A.P. (that's an acronym for something) gets old. Breakfast tacos, burritos, skillets, burgers, hand cut fries, grilled pork chops, dutch oven prime rib, carne asada, polo asada, and whatever else I can think of are a hell of a lot better than anything in a bag. But if that's what you like great. My go to day 1 dinner is CFC - Cold Fried Chicken! With some sort of starch like pasta salad or potato salad.

As for a kitchen vs a stove. It is a matter of convenience. The fancier the setup generally the fancier the meals you can prepare. Both work. Being able to prep meals in seconds is nice. Being able to pack up in a matter of minutes is nice too. The only thing critical is the actual camping. How you do it is up to you.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I admire fancy kitchens, but I am pleased using the same beat up Coleman 425 stove I have for years. It is square shaped and packs well. Sometimes I bring along the folding Coleman oven since warm biscuits on a cold morning are great. I do not like the 'breads' included in MRE's.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Depends what you're doing while overlanding.

There's usually plenty of food available while I'm driving about during the day. But if your the type that goes to the middle of nowhere and just sits there, yeah, I'd like a nice grill for some porterhouse steaks.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
you've obviously never eaten SPAM cooked in the back of a tear-drop camper before...the experience will change you

View attachment 114512
$20,000+ for a Coleman stove, plastic table, and a spot to sleep?

I'll never understand teardrop trailers. But whatever, it's cool that people still get out there.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

I'll never understand teardrop trailers. But whatever, it's cool that people still get out there.
mine doesnt have a table, but it did come with a kayak rack. i'll have to find someway to mount a hi-lift and a roto-pak. the roto-pak will never actually have anything in it, so i wont need too strong a mount for it, just needs a cool place where everyone can see it

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

The more comfortable I am, the more I go out, and the longer I stay out. Explore all day, set the brake and go to sleep. No setup required. If the weather sucks even better.

I have been camping all of my life. As I get older I want to be more comfortable in the woods. The days of a 1/4' foam "pad" "sleeping" on uneven ground are gone. Sleeping in the back of my truck are long gone too. I generally come home well rested not begging for my bed at home.

To each his own...

Pixelsaurus

Rank V

Advocate III

Maryland, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Butcher
Member #

If I want to go camping I grab a backpack and some dehydrated meals, If I want my wife to come along the teardrop gets stocked with all the fixings for a gourmet meal.

Man I want to go backpacking.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
If I want my wife to come along the teardrop gets stocked with all the fixings for a gourmet meal.
yeah, same here plus i had to add a 2000w inverter to handle a hair dryer. if i dont make it comfortable for her to come along, she'll be back home alone with the credit card. :(