F150 Overland build

• HTML tutorial

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Problem with having allthe aftermarket extras is no one wants to pay extra for them. You might have better luck returning it to as stock as possible then selling the truck and parts separate as you will probably get more out of it that way.

Francis84

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Opelika, Alabama
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Huber
Raul, in another forum you had an ARE shell with a rack you fabricated. How was the rack attached to the truck? Did you mount it to the shell, or were the holes you drilled into the shell so you could get to the bed rail? I like the idea of the shell, but all of the specs say they they can't hold more and 300lbs. Your set up looked great and I wanted to pick your brain on the shell.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Raul, in another forum you had an ARE shell with a rack you fabricated. How was the rack attached to the truck? Did you mount it to the shell, or were the holes you drilled into the shell so you could get to the bed rail? I like the idea of the shell, but all of the specs say they they can't hold more and 300lbs. Your set up looked great and I wanted to pick your brain on the shell.
I attached it to the shell... I was told it could hold 500lbs of weight.

Reactions: Francis84

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Man oh Man. Its been almost a year since I last went out on a actual trail. Every time I plan to get out something comes up. I just rolled over 90k on the truck and I took off the tent since I have been using the truck for work lately (construction). I have been working 6 days a week with no end in sight.

Living in Socal requires me to work this much just to survive out here... something has to give... I'm not sure I want to continue to work this much and not have any time what so ever to go out and explore....

Vent over....

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I get bored because there is no aftermarket support for my little suv, but I guess that is also a good thing as I don't spend money on things I don't really need.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

So I received my pink slip a few weeks ago... I also hit a milestone with 91k miles on the rig now. Lately I have been using the rig for work so I took off the tent and my back seat is full of tools. I'm really tempted of going back with a shell so I can store all my tools in the bed.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
No matter what way you go in the bed it’s always a compromise.

I’ve followed this for awhile, do you have and skid plates at all? I’m adding the RCI system once it comes in.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

No matter what way you go in the bed it’s always a compromise.

I’ve followed this for awhile, do you have and skid plates at all? I’m adding the RCI system once it comes in.
Non skids plate yet. but I'm also very particular on which trails I take. I prob will end up going with the RCI system but havnt decided yet.

-Raul

Reactions: Cort

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

I was playing around with photoshop today to try and figure out some graphics I want to add to the rig..... What do you guys think? It will be in flat black so not as dark black like in the picture.

what are those in the bed of the truck that holding the rotopaks? I am looking at a shell but would rather have what you have. thxs

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
I have been debating for a while now if I should go back to a shell... I LOVE the rack but I would love to perimentally mount my fridge in the bed as well as keep the dirt off of all my gear while it in my bed. I'm also thinking of going with CVT's new hardshell RTT...

Thoughts???

-Raul
I have been debating for a while now if I should go back to a shell... I LOVE the rack but I would love to perimentally mount my fridge in the bed as well as keep the dirt off of all my gear while it in my bed. I'm also thinking of going with CVT's new hardshell RTT...

Thoughts???

-Raul

Reactions: Raul B

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Offroading more is a real easy fix... move out of California so you can work less, spend less, play more... not to mention other states have way less restrictions on play areas.

10 years gone and never coming back.
PM if you want to hear more...

James

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

Offroading more is a real easy fix... move out of California so you can work less, spend less, play more... not to mention other states have way less restrictions on play areas.

James
Ha!! I just worked 330pm to 5am! I said the same thing yesterday/ today at work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

James
trust me it has been talked about a lot on our end too... my sister in law lives south of Austin ( and is a real estate agent) so she has been listings on property. Our oldest daughter graduates high school in a couple of months so that is when we will be deciding if we are moving or staying......a

Reactions: Tex68w

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Yah... My wife is from Austin (Round Rock).... we tried living there for a bit after the Navy. After my hands got burned on the steering wheel a few times I was out... Too hot. Now in the PNW.

*By the way, Austin is just about as liberal as Cali...

James

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Yah... My wife is from Austin (Round Rock).... we tried living there for a bit after the Navy. After my hands got burned on the steering wheel a few times I was out... Too hot. Now in the PNW.

*By the way, Austin is just about as liberal as Cali...

James
yah its pretty liberal which has me concerned.. but... the only way I can convince the wife to leave CA is to be near her sister... she lives in Kyle Tx which is south of Austin. and at least its not CA... reasonable housing prices, a lot of work.

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

yah its pretty liberal which has me concerned.. but... the only way I can convince the wife to leave CA is to be near her sister... she lives in Kyle Tx which is south of Austin. and at least its not CA... reasonable housing prices, a lot of work.

Kyle is a southern suburb of Austin, at the moment, but in less than 5 years it'll be fully absorbed as it's already well on its way. I loved Austin when I lived there a decade back, but the whole left coast liberal influx of the past decade has turned that place into a liberal shit hole.

I am all for reasonable people moving out of California to escape it's madness and self destruction, but I just wish those that came from there didn't drag their looney tunes ways with them and infect the local population when they arrive. This has happened on unprecedented levels in Austin, the Austin that I knew and loved growing up is no more.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Kyle is a southern suburb of Austin, at the moment, but in less than 5 years it'll be fully absorbed as it's already well on its way. I loved Austin when I lived there a decade back, but the whole left coast liberal influx of the past decade has turned that place into a liberal shit hole.

I am all for reasonable people moving out of California to escape it's madness and self destruction, but I just wish those that came from there didn't drag their looney tunes ways with them and infect the local population when they arrive. This has happened on unprecedented levels in Austin, the Austin that I knew and loved growing up is no more.
I can totally see that and I also see it is a huge complaint about current TX residence. Luckily I am no where close to being a liberal. I'm looking to get away from this crazy ass state... unfortunately my sister in law doesn't live farther away from Austin....

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Sorry to derail your post dude :)

I’ll end on this: take a two week vacation to Austin before moving there. You’ll know within two weeks... honestly you’ll probably know within 4 or 5 days...

James

Reactions: Raul B