Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Very nice! Looks like you have plenty of storage also. What is the longest you have lived out of it?
Yeah, the main reason we built a vehicle with this design was for the storage space. Room for tools, table and chairs, walls for the awning, recovery gear. etc. It just works.

17 days - the longest we've lived out of it. The camper has solar and the bed is very comfortable, so it can definitely be a long term traveler. Hopefully one day to Tierra Del Fuego...

Reactions: Gunnermoose

escadventure

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
The back seat is removed and built a custom storage rack. No mods to the truck - it attaches to the seat and seatbelt mounts.

IMG_0010 3.JPG IMG_0001 6.JPG IMG_0053.jpg IMG_0010 4.jpg IMG_0002 5.jpg IMG_0001_4.JPG

escadventure

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Do you carry gas in your cab? does it smell?
It's a tool box. In the end, I removed it and added another water jerry can in that rack.

BTW Gunner, we used to run a FJ Cruiser. Loved it. Had a RTT and awning with walls. Lived in Germany with it and camped everywhere for weeks at a time. Norway, France, the Alps. eastern Europe. In the end it was too small for us and we built the Fernweh-150

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

It's a tool box. In the end, I removed it and added another water jerry can in that rack.

BTW Gunner, we used to run a FJ Cruiser. Loved it. Had a RTT and awning with walls. Lived in Germany with it and camped everywhere for weeks at a time. Norway, France, the Alps. eastern Europe. In the end it was too small for us and we built the Fernweh-150
Nice play on the tool box.

I have the OZ Tent Foxwing installed on mine and I have the walls. It is amazing how much room is actually under the awning with the walls attached. This past November a group of us went camping and it got real windy and cold. It was nice to sit with the protection of the walls and still enjoy camping. Add a Campfire-in-a-can and it was perfect.

Phone download 6-8-16 421.JPG Phone download 6-8-16 425.JPG

Four of us could sit under there and and still had plenty of room. I do have an RTT, but I am building a small trailer to house that on. I do like your truck though!

Reactions: escadventure